GENERATION SPECIFIC in WIKI needs an Overhaul.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by jasonsmith, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    Ok folks, need your help with the Wiki.

I ported the actual VFR specifications to the Wiki from the old "VFR Info" page.

The Generation Specific section on the main page is messed up. Generation 1 has a specification comparison, Gen 2 and 3 have nothing, Gen 4 has general specs listed, Gen 5 has specific gen 5 material and gen 6 has general specs as well. As you can see its all over the place.

I like the Gen 5 standard of listing specific methods of "whatever" to the Generation.

i.e. How to change oil... , How to adjust the clock... , Problematic Issues...

So, being a newbie I need people to start jotting down the major info for whatever Gen their expertize is. Just reply here, I will add it accordingly. No major work required, just let me know the gen # and the issue or topic and I will search it out.

Cool?

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    glad to see someone taking an interest. basically most of what has been done, I did in a weekend I had off so we could get the wiki going. The 5g stuff is from repairs/maintenance I have done my bike as I go. hopefully, more users will snap a few shots and do write ups as they go and we can gradually build the wiki into something respectable. eventually, I'd prefer to have the actual writeups with pics on the wiki instead of the links to the message thread, but it was just too much for me to get to in those couple of days. feel free to do what you can and hopefully more will join you...

3. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    Well I have been going crazy lately as you can see here: http://wiki.vfrworld.com/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&limit=500&days=30

but I just don't have enough experience to add Historical info. I enjoy it though, and like you I appreciate the Wiki and what it could be.

I would have added lots of pics but am concerned about copyright issues. I do appreciate the self contained Wiki page, but do like to read threads as well. I find the info more accurate after wading through everyones opinions.