Givi +3 windscreen on 2014-2015? Your experience?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by G1200RS, Jun 14, 2016.

1. G1200RS

G1200RS New Member

United States
    There is a 2-year old thread about this so I thought I would ask this in a new one.

I test-rode a new DLX today and as it's my first time on a sportbike with such a low screen, I thought the blast of air into my fullscreen helmet and upper chest was more than what I want.

My former ride for a long time was a Honda ST1100 and currently I am on a BMW R1200GS with a stock screen.

Today's test ride was at 75-85 mph indicated on the speedometer, running up and down the interstate.

Givi makes a 3.15" taller screen with maybe a slight difference in shape at top, and maybe it stands a teensy more upright as compared to the heavily-raked stocker.

If you can report on this or another aftermarket screen that will help me (5'-8") it would be helpful to me.

2. ALAN553

ALAN553 New Member

United States
    Map
    i am in the same place as you, coming from an ST1100 and an FJ1200, same height and finding the wind a little brisk compared to the ST...or as I always referred to it...a honda accord on 2 wheels...quiet and comfortable on the highway...but I too was not doing that much long distance riding and got tired of dealing with a 700lb bike in parking lots etc so the VFR was the next logiccal choice. Just need slightly more wind protection. So i would be curious to here about the Givi, it says its 3" taller than stock which does not always equate into more wind protection.

3. G1200RS

G1200RS New Member

United States
    Would one of the clip-on or bolt-on windscreen deflectors work to get the blast up higher? Like maybe to the top half of my facescreen?

I see YouTube videos of Gen8 riders with what looks like the MRA sport.

But the clip-ons cost about what a touring windscreen costs. Go figure.

4. caddy425

caddy425 New Member

Canada
    Map
    look at the laminar lip - had them on a couple of bikes - i am 5'10" and it takes the pressure off the helmet - lets the air flow and stays stable at high speed - works well for an affordable price and you can remove easily if you don't like it