Giving away another '07 RWB

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RedMenace, Mar 3, 2010.

1. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I remember a discussion about getting deals on these little rascals.
    This is the lowest I've ever seen. I feel like trading in my '96 for this beauty. Almost. (love carbs and gear drive)
    This discounting seems to center on the RWB Anniversary edition.
    Did dealers tuck them away thinking they might appreciate in value?
    Anyone who paid full retail (12k), I feel your pain:mmph:

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
  3. CrazyRussian

CrazyRussian New Member

I got my RWB in August 2009 for $7 600 all included.
    South Florida, by the way.

4. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  5. woobie

woobie New Member

Map
    There's a dealer in Cherry Hill NJ that's had auctions for 07's since last sept when I started looking for a US bike. My guess is all the dealers selling the 07s on ebay have the reserve just a few dollars less than the Buy it Now price.

6. ace57

ace57 New Member

Map
    Being an owner of an RWB, I've gotta wonder how many of these were actually made? It sure wasn't a limited edition like the Rossi R1 huh lol.:rolleyes
    ( I know it wasn't marketed that way) Maybe someday they'll actually run out of RWBs...

ace57

7. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Yep. I know that dealer, and have seen their ebay auctions as well. Thing is, they never actually sell them from what I recall. Their reserve is set too high, their "fees" are outrageous, and they seem content to relist the same bike over & over without lowering the price, failing to understand the market.

8. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Ace Man, this weekend looks like decent weather. Are you riding?
    I never thought of the 'limited' edition angle. Where would you look for production numbers?
    I think it is a drop dead sexy bike, and have been fascinated by it since it came out. (I still remember the moment I first saw one) They keep on coming out of the dealer's warehouses. I honestly believe I'm destined to own one someday.

9. betarace

betarace New Member

it's a beautiful bike no doubt, but limited edition in most cases means 150-300 bikes (i.e., homologation specials) like RC30, RC45, R class Ducatis, Yamaha OW01, Yamaha R7 etc... would like to get one some day...

10. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    The same Cherry Hills dealershilp in question has been posting for months, the RWB's at a "buy it now" price of $6995. I have no idea if it's the same bike on the table now, or what their sales stratagies might be, but I will say that $6995 is slightly below what the factory to dealership incentive included. Perhaps they are in fact having trouble unloading it, if that's the case then maybe a bid of $6500 wins the bike. If not, $6995 is still a steal and hardly worth any lost sleep. The reality of it is that even $9000 would be a steal when compared to MSRP, which is what a lot of us paid, +/- $500. So I would say to anyone that is waiting for a perfect deal as a requirement to purchase....Now is the time, because the factory only discounted so much and at this point a couple of hundred dollars is just splitting hairs. The Cherry Hills dealership is not the only place to offer the $6995 price, I'm not sure how many are left, but if I were buying, I wouldn't waste much more time. Best of luck!!

No, I'm not a salesmen, just an angered consumer who purchased a product at near full price, only to watch my re-sale get cut out from under me. I can only wish that the prices available now were availble to me then.

11. Big3

Big3 New Member

I paid $8100 out the door in Aug 07

12. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Is this a type-o? Maybe you bought a floor example that had been test riddin? Perhaps some slight damage? Or are you just full of shit?

Please tell me that it's one of the above, or I may have to reconsider the neccesities of education.

13. Big3

Big3 New Member

No typo

out of the crate 3 or 4 miles on the bike at time of delivery

I did however walk out of the dealer 3 times prior to buying till I got the price I was happy with.

14. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Good for you brother, that's one of the best deals I've heard of, to date. I tried a similar method to no success.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  15. RedMenace

RedMenace New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    This is what I'm trying to say. Those RWB '07's have had a strange sales history. Don't feel bad about paying full price. You got what you wanted. You could afford it. let it go.
    It has been 3 sales years and they are still out there. I just think that is bizarre.
    The only reason I pay attention is that I think they are so retro, yet so modern. Like I said, "I'm gonna own one someday."
    I feel the same way about the Honda Rune.

16. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey guys Honda gave a rebate to all the dealers and told them to sell all the '07s for $6995. I'm not sure when I read it but I think Cycle World had it in the mag in December or January.

17. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

The dealer in Cherry Hill, NJ is called Cycle World Of Cherry Hill. Their fees are freight/set up & documentation. The freight is between $495 -- $895 depending on the bike. The documentation fee is normally right around $100. If you are local, you'll pay NJ sales tax of 7%. If you bought the RWB or the candy red they are selling, even after the fees & tax, you're getting a brand new, zero miles bike for around $8600. If memory serves, the RWB were going for nearly $12000 originally. Their reserve is almost always the BUY IT NOW price.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

18. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Cambridge, MN

hrm, that's awefully close to the folks house. Sure wish I had some disposable funds....

DanMurphy should go snatch that thing up.

19. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    Well, either that dealer in Cherry Hill has got his hands on a slew of 07s and he's listing and selling them like crazy, or he has yet to figure out a good listing price, cause he's got that RWB and a red 07 on ebay in a perpetual listing that I get emails about once a week just about. I still can't figure out who still pays "freight and prep and paperwork" BS fees. Who does that these days? Once I heard those words, I'm walking...Gimmie one large flying break. Only in the bike (and maybe the car biz) do folks try and get paid for filling out paperwork and unboxing whatever it is they're trying to sell in the first place. If you're paying these fees, you're either a moron or you have more money than sense.

I would like to have a RWB 07 to park beside my first gen 85 VF500 one day. At the way they're being priced now, maybe I'll pick up a low mileage use one in a few years for $4k or so. Still the best ebay deal I've seen is a RWB 07 from a dealer in MS with 0 miles and full OEM hard bags for $5k recently.

20. ace57

ace57 New Member

Map
    I do hope to ride this weekend Redmenace... I rode like 7 whole miles a week or 2 ago, but too cold for me, froze my gonads:redface:

There is a long thread, I'm pretty sure on this website, or is it vfrdiscussion, whatever, about how many were made.
    Noone friggin knows! People have tried to match their VINs' to a total output quantity, but its all sort of sketchy to me.
    I think maybe a couple thousand were made? But I DK.

I paid about $7200 a year ago for my RWB, but it was used with abotu 6k on it. So I prob didn't do that great, but ya know, I do love my bike, and with the PCIII, O2 elims and scorp cans, the vtec transition that many howl about doesn't bother me a bit. Perhaps I am a little wary of shifting it at 6400 rpms and above on significant corners, but thats about it.

ace57