Greetings from Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rich Warfield, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Rich Warfield

Rich Warfield New Member

United States
    Hello all, wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the forum as I expect to be using it a lot over time. I purchased a stunning red 2014 Interceptor back in mid-April with only 4,800 miles on it and I've logged about 2,000 miles since. Mostly commuting and a couple of short trips, but so far it's been a sweet ride.

Also in the stable is a 2000 Yamaha R6 that is mostly used on the track, but it's still road legal and licensed as a backup. Up until late May, I also had a 2007 Harley-Davidson Softail Deuce that was purchased new and racked up almost 40,000 miles on it before turning it in for the sportier side of motorcycling. :)

More about my VFR (does anyone actually call them Interceptor?), VFR has a better ring to it.
    The previous owner installed Honda bar risers and the quick shifter. He also installed the Givi tank ring but I need to purchase a bag. On the back is the smaller Givi top case, large enough for one helmet and some gear. I have purchased the Honda color matched side cases and a friend of mine at Captial Powersports in Raleigh is installing the locks now to match the bike key.

Earlier today I installed a GPR exhaust, the GPE 50th anniversary edition in titanium and it sounds amazing with the db killer removed. They no longer do the double db killers so it's a snap ring on the back and out comes the cone!

That about it for now. Also, since motorcycling is my passion I host a podcast called Loud Pipes with two good friends Jon and Rico. It's been a lot of fun and with almost 5 years and 161 episodes produced, seems I'll be doing it for a while.

Looking forward to sharing my experience with everyone and making this VFR a long term bike.

Take care,
    Rich

2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the forum Rich. Post up a photo or two. Link to your podcast?

3. Rich Warfield

Rich Warfield New Member

United States
    Thanks. I posted some pics at the link below while I figure out the uploader.
    http://www.rdubstudios.com/vfr-pics

Show website is loudpipes.net and is available on most podcast apps.

-Rich

Samuel and mello dude like this.