Handling differences

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by seattle86vf500f, Feb 1, 2009.

1. seattle86vf500f

seattle86vf500f New Member

Hello,
    My 86 vf500f is almost ready to ride, but I have only been on cruisers up to this point. So what I would like to know is, what are the difference in handling between my mf500f and a late 80's honda cruiser. Do I have to rise it differently than a cruiser for steering, breaking, cornering etc...

Will R. Seattle, WA.

2. Yonan

Yonan New Member

Heres my two cents, it will be a lot more nimble on the verge of wanting to fall into the turns. Learn to shift your weight in the turns. Keep the revs up and you should have a great time learning your new ride.

Ride safe

3. malcster

malcster New Member

Map
    Just a lot quicker,more precise,and faster.The difference of riding a slug to eh falcon,no big deal...be aware!!!.They're just faster,faster,faster motorcycles.Go slow 'till you know it in your soul.freind,don't get crazy too quick.I'm 50 and still think I'm too young.you only live once,I'm a cat and only have one life left!

4. seattle86vf500f

seattle86vf500f New Member

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I will make sure to take my time to get to know my new ride and will go gentle on the right wrist . When you say to shift my weight in turns, how should I shift my weight in turns? I normally just stay upright (perpendicular to the bike itself as it leans) on the bike in a turn, so not practiced at shifting my weight around...

Will R. Seattle, WA.

5. FearIsGood

FearIsGood New Member

*hint hint* Riding advice section :tongue: