Has anyone else tried the new.....

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by tumuchNOS, Sep 10, 2004.

1. tumuchNOS

tumuchNOS New Member

Battlax BT-45 tires on their early VFR yet? I have had them on for a couple of months now on my 86 700vfr and I have to say I am happy with them. I was riding with a friend on an brand new f4i the other day on road with alot of switch backs, and lost him pretty easily. I have only been riding for about 6 months and he has been for many years, so I know its not skill. I give the tires a thumbs up. Great in the fast corners even though they the back tire is only a 130.
    BTW, just after we got back from a ride one of his friends wanted to go for a ride with us on his beautiful RC-51. Unfourtunatly he got about 2 blocks and totaled it right in front of me. He's OK, but that bad asss bike was hurt pretty bad. I tried to convince him to sell it to me so I could make another naked bike out of it (just like my VFR, flat black with a gorilla fur seat :eek:), but he seemed determined to fix it up all pretty and stuff. Anyone else running a rat/naked VFR? Lets hear it...

2. JCS

JCS New Member

Map
    I have been running BT-45's on my 84 VF1000F for several years now. No problems. Decent grip. Decent mileage. Not bad in the wet either. Not the latest race tires but pretty good.