Have 3rd Gen.. Wanting 6th Gen?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by flya750, Apr 18, 2008.

1. flya750

flya750 New Member

United States
    Hello All, (Posted @ vfrdiscussion.com )

Well after some gut wrenching decisions I think I will go ahead and purchase the Dark Candy Red 2007 w/ ABS. I think the biggest concern is what I will do with my beloved 1991 VFR 750. I would like to keep the 3rd Gen but I just cannot justify the dual insurance etc. I have a Honda V30 Magda as well. (1984 3k miles) Given to me by a friend.

I think I will be happy with the 6th Gen and I won't look back?

So I'm curious. ... How much will I notice being different between the 3rd Gen and the 6th Gen? Will the newer 6th Gen just blow me away? Compared to the 3rd Gen? Power, Suspension, Handling?

Anyone in the market for a excellent condition 3rd Gen w/28k miles. ?

This means one more thing.... for years I have been using the alias flya750 ? What will I do? It will soon need to be changed be flya800 ?

Ha! I just went over to hotmail and secured flya800 ? It just doesn't look right? But maybe once the new VFR is in the garage the new alias will start wearing on me? wink.gif

Signed.
    flya75 err... flya800 !

2. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson New Member

Map
    Hi Flya, i have just recently purhased my Gen6 in this same colour so i can say youve made a great colour choice.
    as far as the difference between the gen 3 and gen 6 goes i think you'll notice the VTEC as being the biggest difference. it gives it a real kick in the pants around 6500 rpm. the whole bike feels more refined and a lot tighter
    especially given the age and km difference also.
    I find mine to be turbine smooth around cruising speeds of 100 to 120 kmph.
    the best thing you could do is to go and test ride a gen 6 to make sure you like how it feels.

good luck with your decision making

3. flya750

flya750 New Member

United States
    HI Richard,

Thanks for the feedback.. I wish I could ride one before I buy? That is not an option from the dealer that I'm working with... they are having to get the 2007 I want from another dealer.

My dream color would be the VFR Red with the black wheels... but I think more and more... I'm changing my dream color to be the Dark Candy Red 2007. It is is just a beautiful bike!

So the Vtech kick... Sounds fine to me... Kind of like a Inline 4 power curve ;)

I need to find a way to ride one ......??? hmmm

4. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I think you'll notice a difference. I have a 2nd Gen and had a 5th Gen before I got mine and I noticed a difference between both bikes. By the way, I have the RWB, but I love the Dark Candy Red. To me, it is a very rich color.

5. PuCaudata

PuCaudata New Member

Map
    The Dark Candy red looks amazing after being washed and waxed. Good luck getting one. They're awesome.

Cheers :smile:

Shouldn't it be flya782? :smile: Just kidding.

6. Seattle

Seattle New Member

If a dealership wouldn't let me test ride it, I'd tell them to GFT's and move on to another dealer.