Headlight adjustment

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by ego67, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ego67

ego67 New Member

I can't find the screws for the headlight adjustments. Just bought a 2002 model and I get flashed all the time.

Please help!!!

2. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    Left and right adjustments are under the front fairing. They are either a 10mm or 12mm nut (and you can use a phillips screwdriver on them as well) and they can be accessed once the left and right meter panels have been removed. These are the ones that are to the left and right of the dash and extend out to the sides of the front fairing. Vertical adjustments are up under the front fairing and can be accessed via some holes in the headlights themselves. They aren't screws or nuts, but you do in fact use a phillips screwdriver to adjust them. They are gold in color. See the attached pic from the service manual. Vertical adjustments are a tad difficult to locate for the first time and are between the tip of the nose and the oil cooler.

Attached Files:

3. ego67

ego67 New Member

Thanks man, worked like charm. Very much appreciate the detailed info with the pic. I'll see tonight if I still got flashed, but I don't think so. Again thanks.

4. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    Glad to help. I highly suggest downloading the service manual that is here on the forums. There is a lot of good info in it.

5. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Don't forget to stock up on a good supply of elbow grease and of course the Slick 50 Headlight fluid...