Hello fellow VIFFERs!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ILVFR75, May 21, 2008.

1. ILVFR75

ILVFR75 New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself today. I've been following this forum for a few months and felt I finally needed to post. I recently purchased a 2006 Pearl White VFR and I love it. It's fun to ride, sounds great, and is relatively comfortable on long rides. I previously owned a Kawa Ninja 650 and enjoyed that bike as well, but the VFR is sooo much nicer. I recently moved from Missouri to Central Illinois, so if anyone knows of any twistly roads near me, PLEASE let me know where they are. I haven't found any fun roads yet :mad:.
    I've put about 1200 miles on the bike since the end of March and I guess it's now finally broken in. I've so far installed a set of Heli bars and they have been a nice improvement. I'm now interested in installing some Leo Vince slip-ons, but I would like to know where to buy to get the best price. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all and ride safely!!

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
  3. bbx

bbx New Member

No twisties in MI either

I have the same problem here in southern Michigan. But we do have several tracks in the area. Out in South Haven they have a road course that only costs $300 a year to join. Something that was a lot more work to get to back in California. Nothing like the safety and speed of a track. I bet you would find the same out in IL.

4. ILVFR75

ILVFR75 New Member

tracks in IL

thanks derstuka, thanks bbx.
    there are a couple tracks around, but they're each about 2.5 - 3 hrs away. gateway national in the st louis area and blackhawk farms in northern IL. blackhawk seems interesting to me, i have yet to go check it out yet. has anyone been there?? help me out here, what do you think of it? is it worth a 3 hour ride up there? i would like to get away from the gravel-filled corners of central illinois farmroads :hangme:.