Hello from Idaho!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Luthercorp, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Luthercorp

Luthercorp New Member

United States
    Morning all! Like the title says, I'm in ID, USA. I used to have a couple bikes (I think I have photos if anything other than the VF/R is allowed here) but alas, I had to sell my CB650 for tech certification test money.
    Ok, it wasn't just for the money. I found out too late (after experiencing the issues) that the CB650 is basically the bastard redheaded stepchild of Honda and it had a whopping 300 miles put on it by me in the total time I owned it. I owned this bike for a year and a half. Too much time wrenching and not enough riding made me rather upset, so off to craigslist went it.:Yield:
    Rant aside, I did appreciate how much that bike taught me about small engines and what isn't supposed to look and sound right.
    I'm looking at getting an '86 VF500. I've done my research on the engine and bike and know what to look out for, the importance of proper maintenance etc. but I know I don't know everything. That's where y'all come in. I found this forum while researching the miniceptor, and immediately knew that if there's something I don't know- you guys would.
    My hope is that if I run into a stump trying to fix this thing someone can help- and I'll do my best to help those I can.

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Again, welcome to the Forum. The insanity that comes with membership here will not be transferred your way until you have at least 20 posts. Use your posts wisely.

3. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    I dunno. Buying a 30+ year old motorcycle seems a little wacky to me.
    He may already be there.
    Err, welcome.

4. Luthercorp

Luthercorp New Member

United States
    Hahaha a little wacky, maybe. I just can't get over how amazing it LOOKS, plus that v4 sound is eargasmic!

5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    depends upon mileage and maintenance. engine voted as Honda's most likely to blow up. :Frusty:

why punish yourself ? :dom:

6. Luthercorp

Luthercorp New Member

United States
    I'm a sucker for a punishment now and then