Hello from NJ!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by intercept_this, Apr 16, 2020.

1. intercept_this

intercept_this New Member

United States
    Hey all, extremely excited to join the club. I picked up 2 VFR's in the last month, both non-running projects that came with their carbs off. The first is a 1986 VFR 750 I've heard the engine turnover. The 2nd is a 1991 VFR 750.

The photo I attached shows all my current bikes together including a 1997 bandit 1200 that runs really great, and a 2004 Ninja 250 with carbs that are shitting the bed right now.

Anyhow, I'm super stoked to get started on these guys and I'm sure you'll see a bunch of posts from me!

Attached Files:

• vfrs.jpg
      vfrs.jpg
      File size:
      700.1 KB
      Views:
    cat0020 likes this.
  2. Tim Kratz

Tim Kratz New Member

United States
    Hi, I saw those projects on FB, down in Fishtown I believe, and was really interested in the older VFR, prompted me to get on here and pick up a 1985 VF500F when I missed it.
    I am in upper Bucks County, you might somewhat local. I like picking up projects and getting them back on the road, I have done a few CB700SC, 1985 GPZ550, and a 1991 GSF400.

Attached Files:

3. intercept_this

intercept_this New Member

United States
    Man that bike looks great. Does she run well? I'm in South Jersey, but am in Philly and Philly suburbs often (except now with quarantine)

4. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to VFRW.
    There are many knowageble members that check in often, so this is a great place to ask questions and do research when bringing a VF/VFR back to life.
    Take lots of photos and keep us up to date on the progress and the setbacks that you have. We will, for the most part, cheer you on. If you do something stupid like replacing the R/R with a cheap chinese made one, be prepaired for some backlash.

5. Tim Kratz

Tim Kratz New Member

United States
    Yep, just bring everything back to stock if possible, maybe a mild rejet otherwise just ride and enjoy as they were made...

My bike looks pretty clean but has been sitting for decades. The tank has a few pinholes and all the fuel/hydraulic systems need rebuilding. Not running but I don't see why it won't fire up after a good carb clean...

Thanks for the welcome!!