Hello from NVancouver, BC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VFR750LV, Oct 5, 2018.

1. VFR750LV

VFR750LV New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hello from NVancouver,

I am new(ish) on the forum and have been lurking and learning here for a while. I picked up the bike that I always wanted from my younger years - a 1991 VFR750. The previous owner did some body work on the rear to give it the RC30 look. I can only say that it looks right by my eye. Lots of modifications made - will list those later. All I have left to do is install the 2-Brothers left ext exhaust and I will be set. With 56k miles on the clock it has been around the block a few times, but it starts right away and runs like a dream.

I am mechanically inclined, but have never done much work on cars and bikes other than the basics. I figured this would be a good way to get my hands dirty... but really, how much is there to do with one of Honda's most reliable masterpieces!

Attached Files:

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Yo. North Van. Welcome to the club and about time you posted up. Your and my bike are two different animals. I don't know what to expect to get for the life of your engine but mine, an 06, has over 213,000 km. That is over 132,000 miles. And it about to be trucked to Sacramento then ridden at least partway down the Baja peninsula in Mexico in a couple weeks.

We have quite a few members from the LMD but none of them are very active. We should get together for a ride for coffee or a beer sometime. I suppose that will have to wait until the spring now. Not many will ride year round here.

3. VFR750LV

VFR750LV New Member

Canada
    Map
    Thanks for the welcome! It would be great to meet up for sure. I will not ride through winter - that is just silly talk around these parts (who wants to get that wet anyway), but I am insured through most of November. Miles are miles, but when you do the math, we are talking about 3500km per year. That is just keeping the wheels rolling which is what I plan to continue to do.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I used to commute year round from Chilliwack to Surrey Transit Center from 2006 to retirement in 2012. Even got caught in the snow once and had to abandon the bike at a gas station once for the day. Have ridden home at 03:00 in -10C a few times. No that is guddam cold but I do have the proper gear for that. But will agree, recreationally speaking, fair weather is the standard these days.

I am insured year round. I tried letting the insurance expire in October after retirement but that only lasted a month. A couple sunny days prompted me to return to year round insurance coverage just in case.

5. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Good to have you aboard VFR750LV !! Sharp looking ride that you have there.

6. Blackslide

Blackslide New Member

Finland
    Welcome to the forum!

That 3rd gen sure looks great! Keep on riding!

Riding on the storm