Hello, From Vancouver Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AndrewM, Apr 27, 2020.

1. AndrewM

AndrewM New Member

Canada
    Map
    Sorry it took this long to post something. I've been on and off this site for quite a few years and havent really posted anything until now. I've had my 2008 VFR for 8 years now and still love it! It's used more for commuting these days but still fun to ride. I've recently been prepping it for more comfort rather then sport look (my Back isn't getting any younger lol). I've installed a Sargent seat, Bar risers, hoping to get a touring windscreen (thinking of MRA Vario) and want to get a top luggage box to go with my OEM side bags.
    Anyways this is me, i'm sure will chat with all of you soon enough, here are a few pics of my ride :)
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

Attached Files:

Samuel likes this.
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Andrew

Nice looking 6th Gen. On your side of the pond, your best bet for a matching top box is probably tBay or Craglist, as they stopped selling 6th Gen models in North America when they launched the VFR1200 models. However new 6th gen models remained available in Europe until the launch of the 8th Gen models in 2014. Hence we have a lot more 6th Gens over here and a fairly plentiful supply of new/used parts for them. Indeed I see on eBay UK there is currently a genuine Honda top box in silver for sale - although it is not cheap - beacuse it is being sold as part of a complete OEM luggage set with mounting racks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-Hond...840723?hash=item3b46706213:g:xE8AAOSw91tebf4U

One thing I feel sure is that surf board will not fit in :)

Take care

SkiMad

AndrewM likes this.
  3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Vancouver eh? Have you ever been east of the Port Mann Bridge. You know where that is don't you? JK. Seems most people from Vancouver look at travel east of the Port Mann to be an over night excursion. I have been thinking of getting a top case for mine. For 14 years now. I hope to make a decision soon. Maybe someday we will get together for a spin. Not on the Sea to Sky though.

AndrewM likes this.