Hello from Vancouver Island, Canada

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Hot Flash, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Hot Flash

Hot Flash New Member

:canada: ...............................................................................:peace:

Hi Everyone

I have a 86 750 Interceptor. This is my second season riding this bike. It is stock except for the seat. The bike is sweet :biggrin:

The bikes are in storage now because it is the rainy season here now.

I'm a real poser :redface: because I don't ride when the roads are crappy, cause man, I don't want to mark my bike.
    Many riders keep their bike on the road year round here.

We ride when ever we can. For the last 2 years we go to Sport Bike West and hang out. It's a good time!!

2. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Hotflash!
    Welcome to the group! I'm new to the group too but I've been on a VFR since 1990. I also used to live in Tsawwassen just south of Richmond BC, not real far from you. I used to build engines for Canadian Airlines (before the collapse).

Also lived in Ontario, Kansas and now Illinois. Don't ever go to Kansas, the riding is really sad and hot too. Drag strip every Saturday night was the only excitement.

Brad.

3. Hot Flash

Hot Flash New Member

Hi Jethro911. What part of the world are you living in know? Too bad you didn't still live on the other side of the pond or we could ride together:cool:

4. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I'm just west of Chicago in Crystal Lake Illinois. Haven't been here long enough to find any decent rides. Too much freeway for my tastes. I never did get a chance to explore the island but I did get out to Victoria with the wife and kids for an afternoon, my cousing was based there with the Canadian navy. It was beautiful.

I may have you confused with another member but are you not looking at selling your 86 as it has been in an accident or something?

5. Old_Codger

Old_Codger New Member

Bc

Hey Hotflash

We traveled up to Gold River from Oregon last July. Crossed over to Powell River and down the Sunshine Coast, North Cascades Park Wa., then back home. We really liked traveling the Island and B.C. The road into Gold River is terrific and the people there were great.

This July we plan on Camping overnight in Sydney, then crossing over and going up to Whistler and Jasper. Are there any great roads or fun places that shouldnn't be missed along this route? We only ride around 400 KM a day so we have time to enjoy the sights and the people.

Old_ Codger

6. Hot Flash

Hot Flash New Member

Nope, my bike has never been in an accident.

Tons of people always ask me if I'm selling my bike. I have a list as long as my arm.:peace:
    Victoria is beautiful and they have some fantastic roads for riding
    :biggrin:

7. Hot Flash

Hot Flash New Member

Their is a group that always ride the Port Renfrew road.
    There is Munns Road on the outskirts of Victoria that is nice and twisty.
    Shawnigan Lake Road is nice also.
    Just watch for the cops in Victoria, they have been giving those local guys a few tickets:yell: :target:
    It's all good!:biggrin:

I hear the Cascades are beautiful
    Let us know when your coming up!
    :biggrin:

8. Don S

Don S New Member

Hey Hotflash. North Vancouver sport riding nutcase here. I had my 86 VFR750F for 14 years, moved on to a 2001 CBR929 but I still miss that wonderful motor, the best sounding bike I've ever heard.
    Lots of great roads on this side of the water, I don't ride the Island much, the ferries are a pain. I usually insure around the beginning of March, be glad to hook up with you if your over this side. Don

9. Hot Flash

Hot Flash New Member

We go over in August and ripe up to Sport Bike West in Oliver.
    It would be good to hook up. If you don't know about it the web site is www.sportbikewest.com to get info for the event.