Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John Coleman, May 22, 2006.

1. John Coleman

John Coleman New Member

Hello VFR World
    I am new to this site just registered today(5/22). Cool place. Two Weeks ago I bought an 86' vfr 750 as a salvage w/title. It starts and runs,needless to say,I need to give it some love. I am very interested in fixing it up and doing several upgrades. Like all of you I think the V-four is very special so I look forward to learning as much as I can about this bike.
    In the late 80's I had several Yamaha two stroke twin street bikes.1rz350 and3 rd 400's. I had alot of fun w/them but didnt know how to tune them at all. However, I watched the Honda race bikes through magz and tv,realizing these were special. The inline fours have never grabbed my attention.
    That V-four screaming through a race pipe is a great sound is it not??
    Anyway, I always wanted one, with gas prices going up I found one and bought it. I have been searching the web for pics&info w/some luck.
    The biggest upgrade I am interested in is the 17" wheels and a better fork.
    From what I gather CBR600F2 fork and wheels seem to be a nice upgrade??
    Is this a simple bolt on?? Are there any other makes that can be adapted w?some ease?? I also need some parts: pipe from the header back,turn signals etc.?? Thank You for any info/feedback and I look forward to reading some of your stories and seeing your bikes.

2. Randy1947

Randy1947 New Member

Map