Help 6G owners!!!

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by stellenbrav, Sep 17, 2008.

1. stellenbrav

stellenbrav New Member

I need a little info from a few of my militia brothers. After a recent collision (VFR vs deer thread) I'm trying to determine exactly how much damage I have.
    I initially thought the whole front fairing was torqed out of alignment. On the left side of the tank where the side fairing panel meets the tank there is a larger gap between the tank and panel than on the right side. I looked at a new 08 in the showroom today and it too has a larger gap on the left side than on the right. Does everyone find the same on their bike?
    Other than that I have a very small crack in the front fairing (about 2" with paint chipping) and the tabs broke off the cover near the left handlebar. Probably, not something I would fix if the bike was a few years older but I bought it new and have had it about a year & 1/2 so I want it back right.
    Any tips on checking the front suspension? I rode it back home and it felt fine but 45 was about my top speed on the way home (shakey knee syndrome!).
    Thanks in advance.

2. Rouse

Rouse New Member

sorry to hear about that.

for parts your gonna wanna email Dave@mositesmotorsports.com he sells all parts at 10% over cost. and free shipping on most stuff.
    most OEM parts are marked up 90-100%

3. Action

Action New Member

United States
    Map
    The gap on between the faring and the tank, where the faring makes the sharp turn , are with in a mm of each other between the two sides. I would not have noticed any difference had I not measured it.

Action

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  4. Faith7

Faith7 New Member

Map
    measure front axle nut(in the middle of nut) to rear axle nut to check frame etc. measurements on both sides should be the same