Here I am!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Outboard John, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

So I'm a bit over due at coming on here to introduce myself. I joined the forum back in Dec. shortly after I purchased my 2007 aniversary edition. I've thoroughly enjoyed learning the nuances of the VFR from the forum as well as the personalities of the regulars on here. I think part of why I've waited so long is that I'm afraid I won't be able to get my pictures to post and I'll get a whipping for it(lol). So a little of my story. I'm drawn to adventure/touring style bikes and really prefer the more naked look bikes. I enjoy seeing the machinery. I've always thought the V4 configuration was pretty cool and really liked the looks of the original VMAX engine but not in love with the entire bike. Anyway for the last 16 years or so I have been loyal to my 1993 Yamaha TDM850, but in Dec. I did my annual look through cycle trader for VFR offerings and there she was. Not that I was looking specificly for this bike (I didn't even know about the RWB edition) but when I saw it I knew that I had to own it. After the fact, from reading on this forum, I think that I paid a premium for my bike, but it is in pristine condition and came with alot of extras. The bike had 6800 Mi. on it and I paid $6999 for it. Here's the list. Factory hard bags, Two brothers exhaust, adj. pegs and levers, after market wind screen, sargent seat, carbon gauge and triple clamp overlay, HID's, Lithium battery and white powder coated rims(8 spoke rear). Iv'e since added Heli bars, Throttle Meister, Poly grip heaters, PCV, Autocom, and some blue LED under body lighting. I love the looks of this bike(even though it's not naked) it sounds awsome, and it's a hoot to ride!..........Hope the pictures post.

John

Attached Files:

2. michaels214

michaels214 New Member

Map
    it looks killer man!

3. Apittslife

Apittslife New Member

Map
    :welcome:
    I like the accent lighting, Have been concidering doing the same on my Ole-Girl.

4. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Thanks Paul. The accent lighting is pretty recent. It was alot of fun to see peoples reactions a couple of weeks ago when I parked at our local sports/bike bar. They have open air window openings to the street where the bikes are parked right in front, I have the accent lights on a remote and it was great fun turning them on and off when people would congregate or walk up to look at the bikes.
    I like your bike. It's naked! Has anyone ever upgraded those coolant lines to stainless like these accent ones on my Seadoo? Might look cool. rxp43008019.jpg

5. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Welcome to the madness..............You got real good deal on that bike. Enjoy and ride safe

6. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I'll say you had some extras! Some of those cost a pretty penny. 2Bro exhaust are in the $600+ range, the luggage around the same. However, what is "priceless" is the 8 spoke rear wheel! The accent lighting really gives it some flair. I have to say that on some cars I really don't like it, maybe it's because most of the time it's over done. Kudos for the pics on your fist post too!

Cheers

7. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Sweet score and way to dress her up some. Definitely looks nice.

8. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Thanks for the compliments and the warm welcome everybody. It's nice to be on the inside. See you on the road, shiny side up.
    John

9. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    shit I'd say you got a great deal. Everything you might want seems to be done. Now all you have to do is ride.

10. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Escondido is just around the corner of Paloma, Julian, Borego......Old Campo, old 94 nice roads there. Will have to hook up when I am in town :vtr2:

11. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

That sounds good. My friend & his girl friend and I have a ride on a Sat. Or Sun. Sometimes for breakfast that takes us up Highland Valley Rd. through Ramona and down Wildcat Canyon to Lakeside to Eastbound Bar & Grill. Good food, people watching, and Racer 5 on tap. Keep in touch it will be fun.
    John

12. Craigmri

Craigmri New Member

The bike looks killer and I dont believe you overpaid at all!

Craig

13. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map