Hi from newcomer

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by iPaolo, Jan 6, 2018.

1. iPaolo

iPaolo New Member

Italy
    Hello everybody,
    this is Paolo from Milan, Italy. I ride a '95 4th gen. It is my commuter so I ride it every day all seasons, I love every aspect of it and is hyper cool looking too. Sometimes I get tempted by the 5th gen because of the FI, and also because it can be found at ridicoulosly low prices totally worth the bike. For those of you who have or have had both, would I regret in your opinion?

Cheers
    Paolo

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Paolo and welcome to the MadHouse

Have a look at posts on the 4th and 5th Gen sections of the forum, and you will see that many on this forum have a strong preference for the 5th Gen Models giving the benefits of fuel injection without the complication and servicing costs of later vtec models. If you can find a well maintained 5th Gen you should find it a great all rounder capable of year round commuting just as much as trips across a continent or two.

It would be great to see some photos of your 4th Gen.

If you enjoy exploring then we could perhaps meet up at the 2018 Spadino Memorial event. The date has not yet been confirmed but will probably be on Sunday 22 April or 29 April. Once the date is confirmed it will be reported in the motorcycling press and on-line.

I hope to be just one of hundreds of French riders heading into Italy through the Mont Blanc Tunnel to the main meeting point at 14:00 in Morgex (Aoste) - just follow the bikers and you will find a a massive car park with hundreds of bikes gathering for the 14:30 mass ride up to Courmeyer for the Memorial ceremony (15:00). Afterwards there is complimentary food and drinks provided in the Sports centre by the French and Italian Bikers associations and the Mairie of Coumeyer. For bikers it is a fabulous and very moving event you will never forget with riders attending from across Europe.

Take care - ATGATT

SkiMad

Attached Files:

3. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome Paolo!

I've had '98 for just over a year.
    While shopping for my VFR, I test rode two 5th gen and one 4th gen versions.
    The 4th gen (a '95 750) and the '98 that I purchased were both very strong.
    Even tho the '95 had 65k miles on the clock, and the '98 36k.
    The other 5th gen, a '01, ran poorly. It was equipped with a Power Commander, and I believe that it had not been tuned/ programmed correctly.

Bottom line; I did not notice any significant difference between the two “stock” bikes, one a 4th gen, the other a 5th gen with just over half the miles.

Maybe some of the members who own, or have owned both models will chime in further on their impressions.

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    WELCOME !

lucky you living in beautiful Milan, home of Alfa Romeo :mech:

5. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome Paolo.