Hi! I'm new!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DancingMillie, Jun 7, 2009.

1. DancingMillie

DancingMillie New Member

I'm brand new to bikes, and I'm brand new here. I won't pretend like I know everything about bikes, or even my bike, because I really don't, but sometimes I can be clever so I think I'll probably figure it out quickly. :smile: I ride horses, and it's kind of not allowed to keep them in your backyard in the city, so I figured the next best thing to a horse would be a motorcycle. Besides, in a worst case scenario, a bike can sit in your garage until you can afford to fix it. Not so much with a horse.

I just purchased a 1984 Honda Interceptor, 500cc. I'm reeeeeally excited about it, and I took it for my first motorcycle ride ever yesterday (supervised by two of my very bike savvy friends who made sure I wasn't going to hurt myself or the bike). I'm pretty hard core - I cruised up and down a quiet residential street in first gear. *giggles* Anyway I'm really looking forward to getting into this, and I'm looking forward to meeting new people!

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Slothrop

Slothrop New Member

Congratulations and welcome. :)

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Welcome aboard! Those 500cc "Miniceptors" are fun little bikes. How many miles does she have on her? What made you decide to get an older bike like that? You do realize that finding parts for those bikes is a pain in the butt? Did you at least get a good deal??

Regards,
    Rollin

4. matt1986vf500f

matt1986vf500f New Member

United States
    Map
    sweet find, she looks really good :thumbsup:

5. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Welcome,and congrats to you! My sister just started riding and she absolutely loves it too. Your "Minicepter" is a sweet looking ride,looks like someone definitely took care of it. Those cool old bikes are getting scarce,and it's especially nice to see one in that good of condition. I'm with Rollin,more pics and details please.

6. eleman

eleman New Member

Welcome! You will find alot of info and help here. Enjoy that bike!

7. DancingMillie

DancingMillie New Member

:D She's got 16,500 km's on her, and I got her for $1700 Canadian, including some random things including a second, never been out of the bag gas tank. Really I was just looking for a sport bike that wasn't a Ninja (everyone around here starts on a Ninja) and that I could afford in that engine size range. She's in amazing shape! I'm really happy with the deal I got. There are a few more on Kijiji in the Toronto/Hamilton/London/Kitchener areas if any of you are looking.

More pictures as I get them! The next couple weeks are really busy for me so I probably won't be online much, but I'll be here soon when I really start to get into it. Have a wonderful week!

8. matt1986vf500f

matt1986vf500f New Member

United States
    Map
    well you got a kick ass deal on her i paid 1500 bucks for mine and it didnt come with the solo seat or the after market pipes, the 500's are a great learner bike and fun for the more advanced riders, with the right mods you can make that baby a mountain carver! but holla at me if you need help i've had mine for about 3 years now and know a thing or two about them..good luck and be safe out there girl! oh welcome to the brother-hood......oops....women-hood...there thats better..:thumbsup:

9. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome aboard, Millie.

10. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

Very,very nice bike. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as Kristin gets out of hers!:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

11. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    coooooooooooooooooolllll

12. MrDen

MrDen New Member

Nice bike! You did get a good deal on her. Welcome to the madness!

13. WH93VFR

WH93VFR New Member

Map
    Good Day from another Newbie! At least new here, not to the Hondas. An excellent choice of first machine. My Honda history goes back to '81 on a CB650. Your VF is much more forgiving in the handling department and the engine should have no surprises as the tach climbs, just goes faster! Good tires are a must. Our season got a late start out here in Alberta. My newest Honda, my 6th model, has only 37k on the clock and is downright fun to ride. I have not been to the Rockies yet, about 150km away. That is where we hide all our crooked roads around here. Your 500 is the model that stood the motorcycle world on its ear back then. It looks to be in good shape for its' age. Chow for now.

14. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

CB650! my little brothers first bike!

Attached Files: