HID's probably the best mod yet

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Dudealicious, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Dudealicious

Dudealicious New Member

i've been toying with idea of putting these on for some time. i just couldn't justify spending $100+ and getting an unknown set off ebay.
    one night i was perusing craigslist and saw an add for "any color, any size HID kit" for only $60. i figured for 60 bucks, why not. all i have to do is take a nice "scenic" ride to E. LA (during daylight hours naturally) and pick them up.
    i was pleasantly surprised to find out they were being sold from an actual store and not some guy's garage. they're a no name brand but they do have slim ballasts which makes installing much simpler for a bike. which by the way requires no cutting into the factory wiring. just plug and play. i've had them on for a few weeks now and i gotta tell ya, night and day. the visibility at night is so greatly improved. i only replaced the low beams (H4's) since i rarely use the high beams and to be quite frankly, you won't really need them with the HID's on.
    i plan to go back there some time this week to pick up a set and convert my girlfriend's car to HID's.

just an testimonial for anyone who's looking for mods to perform on their bikes or for those of you northerners who are forced to garage your bikes for the winter months and need a project to keep you sane.

2. winaje

winaje New Member

Got a link to the listing? Could be kinda hard to get them from over here though, lol...