Honda........WTF???

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by douglasthecook, Mar 9, 2008.

1. douglasthecook

douglasthecook New Member

United States
    Map
    Ok, I'm sitting here watching the rebroadcast of the Daytona 200, which I saw last night, as well as Moto GP qualifying. After seeing the results of the race, and Moto GP events left me asking WTF is going on @ Honda...

For example
    Josh Hayes DQ'd for cheating (supposedly polished/lightened crankshaft)
    Neil Hodgson DNF
    Jake Zemke Pit stop issues left him finishing back in 13th
    Miguel Duhamel black flagged, stopped riding as it was pointless (clutch issues with primary bike)

In the Superbike race Neil finished as the best Honda in 7th, and Miguel finished back in 12th.

WSBK Honda doesn't really support the Ten Kate team at all, granted it is a new bike, but Ten Kate is better than what the new 1000RR has been doing lately, not sure if it is the fault of Checa or not at this point, too early to tell.

In Moto GP the 2007 machines are back as the '08 machines have been performing as expected.

Is Honda falling apart??? I don't really remember a year that has been this bad for them in a long time. We'll see what happens as the season progresses.

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yep, sure looks like something is a miss there, don't it?

3. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    The new AMA/DAYTONA mega merger got the riders and mechanics all flustered. They just couldn't focus on the race. :salesman:
    Duhamel just had a horrible day., track conditions sucked with the wind and wet infield and the race being delayed.
    Those Hayden boys can ride, though, huh?
    The super moto was cool...3 FEET of water on the track...sweet.

4. Taz

Taz New Member

There in transition :confused:
    (kinda like the 6 gen VFR :eek: :kiss: )
    Yea I'm a A-hole :biggrin:

Oh & Josh Hayes team isn't Team Honda
    There independent from Honda (do get major Honda support though).

Poor Mr. Honda, he is just major turning in his grave of whats happening with his Co.'s M/C division :frown:

5. douglasthecook

douglasthecook New Member

United States
    Map
    We'll see what happens as the season continues in all the classes. I know Honda can't take losing, hopefully they'll pull they're collective heads out of their nether regions and get their act together.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  6. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

It's a little late now to be making major changes. The time for development work has passed, it becomes a major problem doing R&D and testing while you are racing, something has to be compromised in order to do this. Honda hasn't learned from their past mistakes in trying to do things like this. Too bad...

Ten Kate has a better shot at it, than Honda does.......

7. elf800

elf800 Banned

heres the truth you ready?????????????????? american honda is now over this not the JAPANESE who design the bikes business is business honda wants to be in business in the future only way cut costs i mean look at the future hillary clinton barrack hussan obama john mccain one lessbian one muslem faracon (black mulsem radical)is his friend !!!and one war vet whos gettin old and most undereducated dont understand economics and h8 republicans..jerry springer crowd here,,companys outsource their parents 4 a dollar mean while the arab oil companies i mean opec makes 160 million a day and is still not enough for them need to raise prices..you dont think america drives the global economy i cant even talk to you but back to the qwestion its all about the money bottom line .................let nicky hadden come back give him a "works" bike we get every title...............save your money lifes about to get hard..........."(

8. elf800

elf800 Banned

oh yea taz not only are u an a hole as you say but you seem really dumb considering you have 2 6th generation vfr's kinda like you wanna go gay but are afraid your boyfriend will find out ....lmfao dude 86 1000 vfr engine was a dog back then go with the gsxr 1100 remember that one?? maybe you and canib can design pipes 4 the 6th gen we go faster nothing like a touring bike out on the track they do great against the liter bikes ???wheres drugrep i had his special friday nite pill combo dam it was good and my sk8 board was slower then my vette wonder why??

9. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    well, elf's on a roll.
    Honda would do better if they could KEEP a working, LEGAL bike on the track. Duhamel came back from 69th place into the top ten before they flagged him. get the clutch fixed, get new rear axel set ups put on...then lettem run.

10. elf800

elf800 Banned

sorry drewl but the vfr are not track bikes anymore since 2nd gen bubba shobert freddy merkel then ama chaged the rules and as you seen yesterday no more 750 only suzuki cup ama changes the sport manufactures change the bike why the awesome rc51 is now old newzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"(but to say this particular model is dead and own 2 of them )i cant figure. can ewe?? honda just tryin to survive pay the money get valentino to ride the cbrs if you want a title thats what suzuki did in dirt bought ricky oh by the way what about windom that was kewl sorry chad........( ohh drewl u really need try druggrep stuf it works!!

11. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

This isn't a political thread, the guys name is Hayden, and I see you're from Texas........

12. elf800

elf800 Banned

yes your very absurb--ant norcal but why wouldn't you be your from califlower i mean fornia by the way me en nicky (ketucky kid talk da same)lol oh yea ive heard views about the world here and life stories too. so maybe i went to far but its the truth sure glad arnold its runin tejas yee haw............

13. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

You're living in the right place. Stay there.

14. elf800

elf800 Banned

norcal ur right im in the best place but i heard they r coming out with a cali vfr (norcal series)its pink with rainbow strips has that special someone feeling instead of v-tech it just has hiv-tech,bet your first on the list...................lol sorry not my fault friuts like fruit..lol

15. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Are you old enough to have a license?

16. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    his typing indicates elementary school.

17. elf800

elf800 Banned

You did not use a capital letter in (his) drewl guess you are middle skool lol. Norcal you have a bad day at the rainbow room??

18. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Of course I thought that George Bush was the biggest embarassment to come out of Texas, but now I'm not so sure....Gives a whole new meaning to the best thing out of Texas is I-10 joke.

19. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Woo Hoo :eek: :caked: :laugh:

20. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    elf is a troll from another dim-mention.

Elf's posted on other threads about keeping discussion focused on VFRs, only to type this crap here... sounds like he's confused this World with another Discussion area.

Elf has even managed to give poor advise on how to loose weight.

Give it a rest Elf...