How can I make stock exhaust a bit louder?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by jeff85-02, Oct 9, 2004.

1. jeff85-02

jeff85-02 New Member

I don't want to piss off the neighbors, but would like a little more of that sweet sound to escape. I just got a new '02 with abs last month and am loving it. It is my first street bike since my '85 Interceptor that I sold 16 years ago.

2. rc74racer

rc74racer New Member

There's a post on here about taking out some of the baffling but I would look for some staintunes if I heard them and they sound fantastic. They come with an extra baffle if you want to quiet them but without the baffle they are not that loud you won't piss off the neighbors if you keep the revs down. Nothing sounds quite as nice as a VFR with a nice aftermarket exhaust around 10k rpm. Too bad your VFR doesn't have the cam gears the added whine they make sounds sweet.

3. vfr-xander

vfr-xander Guest

take the cans off. remove the beauty plates, then cut the ends of the pipes off entirely. then, either remove the entire baffling system inside which leaves the lining in place, or cut away enough of the small tubes to defeat the recirculation pattern inside the pipes. weld back together. enjoy.

4. jeff85-02

jeff85-02 New Member

What about just drilling some holes in discreet locations?

5. jeff85-02

jeff85-02 New Member

The Staintunes do seem nice. The site with the sound bites makes me want them but, $800.00 for one to two horse power and a little more sound is hard to justify.

6. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Hey -

Try emailing Michael at mtradtke@msn.com.

He drilled holes to make his sound better and he loves it. His site name is mtradtke but when you look up members by letter, it doesn't work. Tell him that Tiffany told you to het ahold of him and he'll know who you're talking about. We live about 30 minutes from each other.

Hope this will help you find an easy and cheap (free) solution. ;)

Good luck.

Tiffany

7. jeff85-02

jeff85-02 New Member

I drilled some holes like the guy on vfrdisscusion and the sound is nice but it killed the low end torque. I wish I hadn't done it. I guess I'll have to buy the staintunes now. I hope they don't reduce performance.