How much is a 95 VFR750 worth?

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by skybucket, May 15, 2008.

1. skybucket

skybucket New Member

Map
    Found a 1995 VFR750 in great shape that I'm thinking about buying (would be my first vfr). It is in really great shape. Has new tires, and 54,000 miles......What's it worth? I think the dude selling it has sentimental attachment, his price seems too high for a 14 yr old bike with 54,000 miles

2. Nater

Nater New Member

I got a great deal on my 95. $1400, but it does have a rebuilt title and its not the best looking bike on the block. The kid I bought it from really did not know the value of a vfr. I was pretty lucky.
    It is always the guy who has had the bike since they drove off the show room floor that wants, over book value for it. It is also a good thing to buy from one of those guys who knows every peice of history about their bike. Better then getting the villiage motorcycle. Its all a matter of what it is worth to YOU.

3. dubbelyu

dubbelyu New Member

bought mine a month ago for $2500. '96 w/ 48,000 miles. Plastics has cracks in a few places and some scratches but nothing too bad. =)

4. White Chocolate

White Chocolate New Member

United States
    Map
    There is a 94 with just over 22,000 miles for sale around here for 3,699. Has a D&D pipe and LED lights, newer tires.

5. tmoeller

tmoeller New Member

I bought my 91 with 24k, perfect plastic seat wheels etc for 2400.....but it wouldn't idle.
    Also needed a new voltage regulator (which I found out the most heinous way...it died and wouldn't start 4 miles downhill from my house).

6. Yakima9

Yakima9 New Member

United States
    I just got my '96 with 11,000 miles on it, 2 very little cracks in the plastic, OK rear tire, runs great, no other issues, for $3,500.

7. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    Mine's in good shape with 33K miles and I don't think I'd see more than $3200 to $3300 for it.

8. eleman

eleman New Member

I bought my 95 last year and paid $3000. It has great plastics, runs perfect and came with Givi bags and the wing rack. Plus I got a jacket and some other riding gear.

9. zilla

zilla New Member

Gave 2275 for my 92. 36600 on it. Came with nelson Rigg saddlebags. It's not perfect, plastic's in good shape though. It's been acting like it's loading up at idle. Clears out and runs great otherwise.

10. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    A clean mid-mileage '94-'97 is a bargan at anything under $3500, and if you need convincing, take a long fast ride........

11. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

About 4 months ago, I sold mine for 3250. It had some scratches, cracks in the rear fairing, dent in the tank. It also had a bunch of cool bling on it. Dual exhaust, Carbon hugger, fender eliminator, Corbin seat, Heli-Bars. It also had brake upgrades, factory toolkit, center stand, factory manuals, etc. I was shocked to get as much as I did for it.

It was a good bike with a great powertrain. I could never wrap my love around the suspension and lack of good looking (to me) luggage. (I traded a Kawasaki Concours straight across for it 2 years ago.)

12. HH 96

HH 96 New Member

Earlier this month, I paid $3,700 for my 1996 VFR750 with around 9,800 miles on it. No extras save for the pillion cap(?) to make it look racier when riding solo. Plus it came with a shop manual, which is handy. Now, looking on craigslist in the Louisville area, someone is selling a vfr800 with 9,000 miles for $4,500 I think.

I love me some VFR...Very Fine Ride, I say.

Attached Files:

13. Necro_99

Necro_99 New Member

I paid $3K for my '97 last year. It was clean, stock and had 7200 miles on it.

[​IMG]

14. bbwong

bbwong New Member

Got my 95 with 18k for $2500 a month ago. Factory hard bags and TBR exhaust. I did have to drive over 100 miles (each way) to pick it up though.

15. 15dollar

15dollar New Member

Map
    I just paid $2700 for a '94 with 55k miles. It has some minor cosmetic issues but seems to run just fine.

16. Jammerkiller

Jammerkiller New Member

Map
    That's a pretty good price.

17. NOOB2VFRS

NOOB2VFRS New Member

I paid $400 for mine which had been dropped hard.....It only has 8800 miles onit though.Frame is fine.Both wheels were bent,clutch handle and res was bad,cluster bad,front stay bad and left side plastic.I have bought both wheels,right rear fairing,front stay and the clutch stuff.Im still only at $845 in the bike.I figure i will have around $1500 in it done and painted....Not bad i dont think

18. jhynesrockmtn

jhynesrockmtn New Member

United States
    Map
    I paid $2,900 for my 93 that has been repainted yellow. 33,000 miles, good records, great shape save for small damage to right fairing. Corbin seat, heli bars, Vance & Hines exhaust, decent tires, recent plugs and brake pads, laminar lip, center stand a few other goodies including shop manual, perfect stock seat, runs fantastic.

19. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    4 years back, boy time flies $2900 for my 97 and at the time had 19K on it, one owner and very well taken care of, LOL I wouldn't sell mine now for less than $5k but it has some nice touches now and even with 43K on it its hasn't lost a bit of it's value IMO, in fact as long as the new ones keep climbing and 4gs being what they are, I'm thinking it's a great investment.

20. WreckerRick

WreckerRick New Member

just paid $50.... thats right, not a typo.... $50 bucks for my vfr750f off my boss... bein a tow driver has some perks hehehehehehe..... been sittin in our impound yard for a year, but she turned right over and fired when i got her home!!!