Introduction + question

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by oubaa, Mar 13, 2011.

1. oubaa

oubaa New Member

Map
    Hello everybody,

Just registered because I'm looking to buy a VFR ('98 to '00 model).:redface:

I've ridden quite a few bikes in the past, and my last one was a R1100GS after a 2 year hiatus. I never connected to the GS and recently sold it.:smile:

I've testridden two VFR 800 now and I am absoluty in love with this model.:biggrin:
    I'll be buying this or next week.

I'm looking into a few second hands right now. (between 25.000 and 35.000 km)

One thing I notice is that all of them have a lot of pitting in the fork legs and on the forward part of the engine and exhaust pipes. Is this a sensitive spot for these bikes? Are they known for weak fork paint or did all of them ride in a lot of salt?

The rest usually looks very nice and that engine mostly purrs like a kitten :smile:

Wat are the main maintenance intervals (I read the valve adjustment is quite important, when should it be performed?)

Plan is to go to Vienna and to Spain this summer, two-up with luggage. (next to the usual evening and weekend spin of course :wink:)