Is the VFR fast?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by big-b, Apr 6, 2006.

1. big-b

big-b New Member

I know that fast is all relative but i'm comng off a vtx 1300 cruiser. I think i'm going to switch to a sport tourer and the vfr is one i'm considering. I rode a bmw rockster and was impressed by the handling but i don't think it was much faster then my vtx. I want a comfortable good handling bike that is resonabley fast. I'm not looking fo r1 speed but i want something noticably faster then my vtx.
    Thanks,
    Brian

2. edigert

edigert New Member

Handling is great, as well as speed with a few mods. No better all-around bike. Thats my.02. Hope this helps.

3. rc74racer

rc74racer New Member

It will be much faster then your VTX it's lighter and has around 100rwhp. The difference will be torque the VTX has tons of it down low the VFR is not bad but won't have the same grunt It's just a matter of if it will feel that way a cruiser with good HP and torque feels a more frantic at speed then a bike like the VFR that is made for it. The VFR is good for a mid 3 second 0-60 time I would think a VTX takes at least a second longer.

4. NYMBYSS

NYMBYSS New Member

United States
    it is but it wont break any speed records it balances speed, balance,@comfort in a really nice looking package.

5. big-b

big-b New Member

thanks guys
    Brian

6. thesinner

thesinner New Member

Map
    You will be suprised. A quantum leap from a VTX1300. Enjoy one of the greatest powerbands ever made.

7. jackson

jackson New Member

Coming off of a cruiser it is a world of difference.

I came off of a vtx as well and found the VFR (I have an 04) to be a world of diffence. Nice ride smooth great power (not a rocket ship like what you could get into for a gsxr 750 or above but nice bike). Great tweener I can hold my own with the R6 and CBR 600 but can also stay on the bike all day long. I have a couple of mods which made minor diffeence like filter exhaust and PCII but they were for me more than performance. Stock bike is solid and fun. After two years on it I am thinking of trading out for two bikes I am looking at the new Triumph 675 (like the look and feel but have not ridden just sat on) as well as getting another cruiser (not sure which one). Wife does not like to be on the back of the VFR as much but I have a stock seat and no bags so not as comfortable for her. I really like the new Triumph so that would be for me and the cruiser would be for when we head out for a long ride / dinner etc. I would go with a newer VFR I actually like the last generation better though pre I think 02.

8. brianereed

brianereed New Member

I owned an '01 magna before my '02 vfr. I think the cruiser is just more limitted in what it can do. If you do make the trade, you'll be able to advance your riding technique farther. This, of course, might lead to more fun. It did for me.

9. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Jackson,

do you really want to get rid of your VFR? My fiancee has done 150 miles non-stop on back with no complaints about the sargent seat at all. It might save you tons of money unless you are just wanting to get 2 more bikes.