Is this in the correct place?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Paradroid, May 10, 2022.

1. Paradroid

Paradroid New Member

United Kingdom
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
  2. Grum

Grum New Member

Australia
    Checked photos of my three previous 6gens and none were like your photo.
    Fuel tank breather hose, try tucking it down behind the frame rearwards, or raise the tank and see if you can route it over the head cover.
    If you don't have enough slack, remove your RH fairing and check the hose routing, it may simply be pulled too far down underneath the bike or jammed somewhere. Service Manual will show the correct routing for the hose. Should be an easy fix.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  3. Paradroid

Paradroid New Member

United Kingdom
    Brilliant thank you, good to know it's not normal. I'll do as you say and take the fairing off for a proper look. There's a joke in my house that I wanted a faired bike but the bike spends half it's time without it's fairings (been busy with various maintenance tasks). Was definitely worth the time to make cardboard template to hold the bolts!

4. Paradroid

Paradroid New Member

United Kingdom
    Got round to looking at this lastnight. I am a bit unsure about what the official route is for this air vent is, even after looking at the service manual and a few photos of VFR's with the right fairing removed.

The problem is that the gap between the frame and the rear bank cylinder head is too small for the pipe to pass through. So it either has to go above or below. Above and it's visible with all the fairings back on. I disconnected the pipe and went for below, but it was quite fiddly to thread it below the cylinder head and then up the inside of the frame to meet the joint at the tank. Done though and looks much better. Needed the fairing off for this as expected.

This pipe sure does take a long route round the bike, down the right hand side, across the bottom near the oil filter and back up again. Feels like there should be a shorter route!