It's not permanent....

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by PyroMcnoob, Dec 26, 2009.

1. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

but I decided to streetfighter my bike... the fairing was a christmas gift, and it'll tide me over til I can afford to replace all the stock plastics (which were sadly decimated in a crash on Malibu's twisties) Anyway, here's the pic I took shortly after installing said fairing... gimme your feedback, but be gentle. As I said, it's all pretty temporary, hopefully I'll have the necessary funding to replace everything by March...

P.S. I'll try to get more pics up soon, this was just one I happened to snap with the cell before we rode to test it out...

[​IMG]

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Sorry Bud. But personally, I am not a fan of street fighting your bike. Kinda like buying yourself a beautiful looking corvette and removing the fenders to show the underbelly of hte car. But if this is your thing, who cares what I think.

3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    i like it. lets get some more pics.
    i say just do a wire/hose tuck and call it a day.
    by the way, what is the status of your gauge cluster?

4. jimlowe

jimlowe New Member

need some more pics!

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    it looks good when you are riding right?

6. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    nice at least its temporary ...it keeps you on the road..what are the things sticking out of the sides? turn signals?

oh yeah.you need to clean the garage floor it looks like a shack out in the middle of riverside.

7. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

haha the garage floor is the fault of my mom's '73 Nova, it leaks like a seive... transmission has always had a leak... and that triangle thing is actually a steel snowsled that my bro likes to mess with...

I actually didn't "remove" the plastics, as much as the ground forcibly tore them from the frame... *sigh* still hurts to think about...

Gauge cluster is A-ok, it's actually tucked behind the windshield portion of the fairing... and yes, those ovals are my flush-mount turn signals turned forward, I decided to keep 'em so when I replace the plastics I can plug and play :) plus, lets people across the intersection know which way I'm headed...

to Reg: yeah, it looks decent when I'm on it.. still a lot of wires stickin out and such, thinkin' I may fab up some cheap sheet metal just to cover all the internals... as I said, not lookin' to spend much, savin' to get my baby her full plastics back...

8. MrDen

MrDen New Member

If the option is to park it until you can afford plastics, then go with it, and to hell with what anyone else thinks. At least you're riding!

9. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

Well, I did an estimate of my tax return... it would seem that, as soon as I get all my w2's and such, I'll be able to get my return and buy all my plastics in one shot... =D happy day!

10. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    nice ..if VFRchuck has them in stock get them from him......but I wouldn't order unless you don't mind waiting awhile...

11. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

is that the dude on Ebay? cuz I was gonna order my tail section from him... actually for my side fairings and nose cone I was gonna go to airtech-streamlining.com, they have reproduction plastics in fiberglass for like $168 a piece... seemed like a deal considering all i found on ebay was guys selling painted side fairings for exuberant prices ($350 a piece n such)...