Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket & FirstGear Mesh Pants

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by woodcycl, Jun 16, 2003.

1. woodcycl

woodcycl New Member

I tried on the JoeRocket Phoenix jacket today at my local Honda dealership as well as the FirstGear Mesh jacket. I liked the feel of the FG jacket just a bit more than the JR. But, the JR appears to definitely be more of a summer jacket.

I like the looks of the FirstGear Mesh Pants. Does anyone know if the JR Phoenix jacket is compatible with the FG Mesh Pants?

If anyone has any thoughts on the JR Phoenix Jacket or the FG Mesh pants individually ... in terms of comfort and wear for summer time ... please let me know.

This will be my FIRST protection clothing purchase. :D

2. Paul_P

Paul_P New Member

Re: Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket & FirstGear Mesh Pan

Hi,

Good Idea! I have spent a great deal of time looking at protection. No, not Trojans! You should talk to the folks at Motoport. I am not affiliated with them in any way. They claim that the mesh jackets you are looking at are bad news.
    They say that the polyester mesh melts and winds up in your skin if you have a slide. NOT GOOD! I have their Touring Jacket. Air does flow through it at 35 MPH or so. It is light weight and fairly cool. They have also started to make a mesh jacket made of a special Kevlar blend. These guys seem to know what they are talking about. I think I spoke with a guy named Andy, but not positive that is the correct name. Hope this helps

3. VifferChic

VifferChic New Member

Re: Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket & FirstGear Mesh Pan

Hey there Woodcycl!  DO NOT buy the Joe Rocket jacket.  They are crap and tear to shreds when coming into contact with the pavement.  Spend the extra money on the First Gear.  There's a reason why they are more expensive...they are much better!  I knew a guy that had the Joe Rocket apparel and he was in bad shape after he laid his bike down!   :'(

I am not making a statement about all Joe Rocket stuff, just this particular line of mesh product. All other stuff has gotten good reviews! ;)