joining the club.

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by bakchizhai, Dec 14, 2006.

1. bakchizhai

bakchizhai New Member

Map
    Hey All,

just thought I'd introduce myself! In San Diego, just bought a 98 VFR800 FI. I'm really enjoying the friendly encounters with other motorcyclists.

I have ran into a few problems though.

The bike had no reaction when I turned the key today, after checking the battery it had 12.3V, I found the screws lose though so I tightened it up and everything works good now. hopefully it will still work tommorow.

Also, there is noticable vibrations about 4k RPM all the way up the rev range, it gets less noticable at high revs as the frequency increases. The whole chassis vibrates not just the handles(occurs standstill or while riding so I assume it's the engine) do I need a tune up or is this the V4 vibration thing? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Alex

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    welcome to the club. I guess your vibration thing would depend on just how severe the vibrations are. There is a little vibration in any bike, but in comparison to other bikes I have ridden, the VFR is pretty smooth, and I ride the same year bike as you. If you ever make it up to the central coast area, give us a yell. We have several members that ride regularly...

3. kajinvfr

kajinvfr New Member

i was out in the atascodaro area oct 2 years ago.i stayed in salinas for a month and rode my 98 all over .the ride from king city to coalinga at daybreak was awesome but the best was hwy 1,you calif. guys have some great rodes out there,

4. bakchizhai

bakchizhai New Member

Map
    Sounds like a fun idea to ride up there, just afraid of the LA crowd. especially when I'm just beginning to get used to the weight of the bike. :biggrin: When it goes well for a while i'll definetely hit you guys up!

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    yeah, I have run quite a few of those roads. it's pretty cool living where most of the photos you have seen for years in Cycle World are taken. I have pictures of my own bike in some of the same 'poses' that I have seen in the magazine. gotta love it...

6. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the group (yeah I know I am a little behind at times :tongue:) We are happy you chose to join us here. There are a few riders out your way. Enjoy getting used to the new ride and once you have that done, the fun really begins.