Just picked up new 2003, have a few questions

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Guest, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Just picked up my 2003 VFR today, beautiful bike! I have a few questions. Underneath the seat, is there anyplace for storage or a tool kit? I thought the Users Manual would be under there along with a tool kit, no luck. Maybe I'm missing it? Also, I was always under the impression that the seat cowl came with the bike. The guy turning the bike over to me said he'd never seen a rear seat cowl on a VFR. (Obviously one exists, he was mistaken) Should I push the dealer on it, or is the cowl an aftermarket accessory?
    Thanks for any tips for a happy new owner!

2. 02VFR

02VFR New Member

There is a tool kit under the seat it is tucked away on the side about half way back with a rubber bungee holding it tight.

You should have received a seat cowl and two other block off plates for when you remove the grab handles to cover the openings. I would go back to the dealer and make a fuss about it.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the advice! I went back to the dealer and got the cowl, cover plates, tool kit, and manual.
    I appreciate your help!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

if you have an alarm system, there might be no more room for the manual, but otherwise it fit in the same spot as for the tools.

5. RedRocket800

RedRocket800 New Member

Sad, isn't it?
    It's as if this the first new bike they've ever sold.
    I'm sure they have a big collection of peices that they never gave to new owners. >:(

6. Bill

Bill New Member

Hey, your not alone! I picked my new VFR last week, and had to ask for the same stuff after checking for them under the seat! Wasn't impresed!! (with the dealer, the bike is great!!) They had to rob them from another VFR in the showroom.

Cheers,
    Bill

7. lootyman

lootyman New Member

Funny. I had to go back to get mygrab rails!:cool:

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    that's crazy. you guys got yours at dealers and had to go back for stuff. I bought mine from an individual and he loaded me down with all the aftermarket pieces he'd bought, all the original pieces, and a good repair manual and maintenance log. Hell he even gave me a cruise control that I haven't gotten around to installing yet. Guess he just wanted to get rid of everything that reminded him of what he'd be missin.

9. lootyman

lootyman New Member

Thats an awesome deal. I ordinarily wouldn't buy from a dealer but this was on a whim and i walked out the door for less than the bike is worth:bolt:

...and it only has 2000 miles:eek:

10. Feu-feu

Feu-feu New Member

I bought mine it had a Targa tinted windscreen, sliders, handlebar risers, a brand new front tire, a corbin solo seat with lockable smuggler, throttlemeister and the bike was just tuned up. the previous owner also gave me the original seat and cowl! Nice!