Law Ride 2009

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Blackcloud, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Blackcloud

Blackcloud New Member

Map
    Good afternoon to all. Some freinds and I (Lost Saints Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club ) are planning a ride from Chicago to DC for the Law Ride to honor fallen Law Enforcement Officers. This will occur on Mothers day weekend. Sorry all of you Mothers out there. On Saturday May 09th we will be leaving Pittsburgh Pa. via Route 30 through the mountains to Breezewood Pa. From there hitting the slab south into Maryland. Does anyone know a good backroad way into DC. I think we are staying in Tysons Corner? Anyone who wants to ride is welcome. Hit me up in here or at our Website

LostSaintsmc.com

Thanks

Blackcloud

:thumbsup:

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Is this a local event or is there such rides elsewhere? I haven't heard anything out this way in BC

3. Blackcloud

Blackcloud New Member

Map
    It is a National Ride for the US? I've never been there but I guess the bike parade starts at RFK footbal staduim and proceeds through DC. It is in conjunction with National Police Week in DC,

4. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    Randy there is something... I saw it somewhere. I'll get back to ya bout it.

5. Blackcloud

Blackcloud New Member

Map
    Thanks to all for the support. Randy I will try and get you some info regarding this type of event in Canada!

6. raleighmojave

raleighmojave New Member

I'd be interested in meeting up with you guys in MD. I'm on the western edge on I68. Let me know some details and a time frame you'd be comin through.

7. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I would like to join up with all for the ride, but I can't bring myself to be away on Mom's Day. I take off every other weekend for hours on end, so I don't feel right about being away on this day. I'll be with you all in thought and spirit. Be safe!

8. Blackcloud

Blackcloud New Member

Map
    Law Ride

I understand completely being Mothers day and all. Thanks for your best wishes. Do you know anything about Route 30 from Pittsburgh to Breezewood any where to stop? avoid. I want to stop at the 93 Memorial for sure

9. Blackcloud

Blackcloud New Member

Map
    We should be coming into Maryland on I70 south bound from Breezewood Pa. sometime on Saturday maybe mid afternoon. I am not familiar with any sideroads into DC. I was thinking Route 40 from Indian Springs. I believe we are staying at Tysons Corner. Feel free we can try to hook up maybe you can give us a good way in via the nice roads. We should five bikes a couple of which will have GPS. PM me with a cell if you want.:thumbsup:

10. raleighmojave

raleighmojave New Member

I just learned that I was signed up for a camping trip in WV that weekend.

Rt 40 would be okay. It will have plenty of stop lights along the way. Maybe take Rt 15 out of Frederick for a scenic Rt thru VA. It'll take a little longer but it may be worth it to avoid the beltway. I would avoid I270, and I495 in MD at all costs.

Enjoy the ride, and god bless our fallen brothers.