Linked Brakes

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by gturner666, Apr 8, 2006.

1. gturner666

gturner666 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    Just took delivery of a 2006 VFR here in Tokyo. This is my first Honda the quality is much better then BMs and Duc that I have owned before. I do not know very much about the brake setup on the bike any assistance would be appreciated as the manual is in Japanese and I'm Australian.

The front brake lever feels wooden and feels weak , I assume that you need to use foot brake also but it feels very un-natural.
    Also price in Japan 1.1M yen or USD $9243

Thanks,
    Garry

2. Rogue

Rogue New Member

United Kingdom
    First of all..

If the bike is brand new, then the brake pads need to bed in, just like the engine. The linked brakes do have a different feel to them from other bikes, since the bike does not nose dive on the forks. Yes, you should use a little rear brake - what's unnatural about using both ?
    You'll get used to it, just hang in there. The previous model came second in shortest stopping distance in Performance bikes Sports bike of the year 2000, after only the Mille R (I think) despite it's extra weight over these sports bikes, and despite the usual carping from the journo's about not liking linked brakes.

Also, were you meaning that the bike is expensive at $9243 ? In the Uk the list price is £8499 or $14023....

Rod

3. gturner666

gturner666 New Member

Not Expensive

Thanks Rod , no I meant hat there pretty cheap for what you get very good value.
    Looks very good in Silver and the night lighs are good.

Thanks,
    Garry