long time lurker, first time poster

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Lansonfloyd, May 10, 2006.

1. Lansonfloyd

Lansonfloyd New Member

Hi all, just thought I'd finally register and be a part of the community.

I have an 06 VFR in Black Pearl, a beautiful lady to ride with, and a great part of the country to ride around in (Vegas area.) Bought her in March, I believe, and I have 2995 miles on her so far. I've already managed to zero-mph drop her in the driveway (sloped like hell), but it was a near no-damage situation, thank god.

Mods wise, all I've been bold enough to do is to modify the rear fender (which I need to take pics of), remove the snorkel, clear out all the pads and "sponges" around my airbox, and I disabled the flapper door.

So, I'll be here all night, try the veal! :drum:

Attached Files:

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Nice ride and welcome to the community. Black is one of my fav colors. I own a white 93 VFR 750 I picked up a couple of weeks ago with 38,500 miles. Glad there wasn't much damage with the drop. I understand how that can happen though.

Again, welcome and enjoy. :)

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    congrats and welcome. I had my first drop the other day and I scratched her. Red shows the marks worse than black I think. It still pains me when I see it. Im trying to decide if I should go to a body shop and ask what they can do. I've actually thought of riding over to vegas sometime since I live in CA. It's not to far to ride to spend the weekend or something. If so, I'll try to post a note beforehand.

4. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I see a cruiser in the background, is that your beautiful lady's ride?

5. Lansonfloyd

Lansonfloyd New Member

its my house-mate John's. Its a Yamaha V-Star Classic. Pretty nice bike, I think its an 02 or so, and he got it for 3500. It needed a tiny bit of work, but came with those decent and relatively quiet pipes and dragbars. Bastard has shaft-drive, always comes out to the garage when I'm doing work on my bike...walks up to me and the bikes, and says "oh yeah, I don't have a chain! Guess I'll go back inside!"

My girl doesn't ride her own yet, but she is starting to get those antsy moments where she starts craving her own, and as we all know, thats where it starts. Her and I've been looking at the Triumph classics, Katana 500, Ninja 650R, 500EX, or a standard oldschool bike. Personally, I'd take the Triumph as a great starter, like the Scrambler.

BTW, this black SUCKS big time in 95+ degree weather. I feel like I stepped into an oven. I actually have minor burns where my legs have to grip the tank, from today's paycheck run. It was 100+. Might have to repaint it in some areas with a contrasting lighter color.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2006