looing for carbs for a 1986 VFR700

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by crustyrider, Jun 8, 2016.

1. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    looking for a set of carbs for my 86 VFR700.... trying to get the old girl back on the road and I had a chipmunk nest in the airbox. and through the winter peed all in one of the carbs... it rusted shut, the engine rolls over and there isn't any rust in the engine I have soaked the Carbs to try and break it loose but it is pooched.. Unless I tear it completely down which I am not comfortable doing....

SOOO looking for a set of carbs....

Have a good one ,

CrustyRider

2. Tugboat

Tugboat New Member

I have two good 84 California carbs. If you can tell me which one you need we might be able to work out a deal, if they even fit.

3. RotaryRocketeer

RotaryRocketeer New Member

Different for sure. Crusty, I checked ebay a while back for some other stuff and there were a couple decent looking complete assemblies for sale.

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks to Toe Cutter's generosity i have a few used spare parts for our '86/'87 carbs, and you and i may be able to work a deal. I'm slowly solving the multiple problems on a complete set he sent me where EVERYTHING was stuck on every carb: vacuum slides, choke plungers, thottle plates, mixture screws !! Altogether the worst set of problems i ever saw on one set of carbs.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016