looking at a 07 rwb tomorrow.

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by 2wheelrush, Mar 24, 2015.

1. 2wheelrush

2wheelrush New Member

United States
    Map
    Original owner. 8,000 mi. New battery, new pilot power 3's. Couple scratches on right side from falling off the stand. Anything I should look for? Thanks.

2. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    With that kind of mileage, there is less to worry about. Since it is the original owner, I would ask about the bike's history. When it was purchased, how often oil changes were done, has the air filter ever been replaced and try to get a feel for what kind of rider he is. Was the bike babied, beaten or somewhere in between. Good luck and let us know how if you get it.

3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Exactly what Stewart said. Hopefully he's a mature adult and just didn't ride that often....bummer about the fall, make sure fairings not cracked and lines up correctly (bent bracket ect.)
    Also always best to bring along a rider buddy, two sets of eye's are always best..... atleast thats what I did, my friend noticed two different tires.
    Good luck 2WR

4. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    A thousand miles a year is a crime. Buy that sweet thing and ride the crap out of it!

5. tyarosevich

tyarosevich New Member

United States
    Map
    That bike, at 8,000 miles? If it hasn't clearly been in a crash there's not a lot that you can do in that short of time. I'd bet even original oil at 8k in a 6th gen wouldn't be disastrously bad. If it's pretty clean and in good shape, and the price is right, do it. Great bike, and for about $2500 you can make it into a bike that is just short of perfect (new suspension, seat, luggage, windscreen, helibars).