Looking to borrow a carb sync tool

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by opus, Aug 27, 2009.

1. opus

opus New Member

Map
    Anyone in the Portland/Vancouver area have a carb sync tool they'd be willing to loan out? I'd prefer not to buy one right now. :eek:

Let me know. Thanks!

opus

2. Craig in Alabama

Craig in Alabama New Member

Hi Opus,
    I'm a little far away to loan you my manometer, but I do have a tip that may make your carb sync go a little easier. I have a '95 also, so this should be applicable.
    The vacuum ports where you hook up the hoses are pretty easy to get to, except for the front right carb. It's really crowded in there! That carbs port has a hose attached to it that goes to some other device (what is that, somebody? Is it necessary or can it be removed and the port plugged up. Just curious).
    Anyway, instead of connecting the tools hose to the carb, disconnect the vacumm hose from whatever that thing is, and connect the manometers hose to that hose via a small piece of tube or something. I had a small selection of adapters that came with my manometer, and one of them fit.
    It's a lot easier to get to and will give you the same reading. If that doesn't make sense, let me know.

Cheers!

Craig :smile:

3. opus

opus New Member

Map
    Thanks for the info, Craig. I appreciate the tip. =)

4. mrich12000

mrich12000 New Member

Map
    If you are in Canada, Then go to Princess auto and buy 4 Vacuum gages source out the hose, nipples there at the store then head for to a gm dealer and buy 4 restriction units or Napa as well you can mount them on a strip of Angle aluminum see picture.Should cost @ 23.00 Can. inluding hoses and restricters.:eek:

Attached Files:

5. mrich12000

mrich12000 New Member

Map
    Just re looked at your area. ooooppps. Harbor freight Carwest or a surplus store to source out or come across the border for a parts day . this system works great and it is very accurate as the gauges's are super. Hope this helps Mike R..