Wanted Looking to buy 2004 parts

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Tjboy50, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Tjboy50

Tjboy50 New Member

United States
    Looking to buy a ignition switch with key for a 2004 vfr800,if possible to get gas cap and seat lock to go with it

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi and welcome to the MadHouse:Welcome:

As you will quickly learn, parts for a 15 year old bike are becoming hard to find. If a Honda dealer still has them in stock they may not be cheap. A cheaper option will be to locate a similar VFR in a vehicle breakers yard in which case you may be able to get a complete lock set for less than just the cost of a new filler cap from Honda.

If you want to get back to a single key doing everything you will also need to swap out the ignition barrel which can be fun(not). Beware if the bike you are working on has HISS security as the keys are coded to the ECU so if you ever change the ignition key & barrel you also need to install a matching ECU which is painfully expensive!!!!!!

Other sources of parts are David Silver Spares and CMSNL (who have decent on line fiches of most VFRs allowing you to obtain the precise part numbers you will need), which will help you source what you need by searches on eBay or CraigsList.

Good Luck and when you get a chance please swing by the "Introductions" part of the forum and tell us a bit about you and perhaps add a photo or two of your VFR.

Take care ATGATT

SkiMad

tommy faulk sr likes this.
  3. Doug7200

Doug7200 New Member

United States
    Map
    Saw this today. Parts are aftermarket, and cheap, so quality is questionable...But only $26.95 for tank, ignition and seat lock kit! Maybe worth a try???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233057380553

4. Mind_Surfer

Mind_Surfer New Member

United States
    I put those on my CBR, well the ignition switch and fuel cap, the seat lock was incompatible. Couple months later the ignition switch left me stranded for some time, after the steering head lock seized. I had to remove the switch and zip tie to the frame to get back to the shop. Quality is not very good.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

skimad4x4 likes this.