LOWERING LINK FOR VFR800

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by MCT54, Mar 13, 2003.

1. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

VFR800 LOWERING LINK for the inseam challenged.
    For 2001 style models made from T6061 aluminum with roller bearings and bearing seals installed. This link is made by a master machinist. It is 11mm longer than your stock link. This equates to approximately 1.250 inches of lowering. Very easy to install just takes time. Front end must also be lowered to match rear. This is done by sliding the fork tubes up to match the exact amount the rear end is lowered. I have not seen any problems with the handling of my wifes 01 VFR. She is much more confident at low speed manuvering. Shortening of at least the side-stand should also be done. The only part you need from your VFR is the HARDENED BEARING RACE, Just push it out and push it in the new link. If you are interest email me I have 2 links remaining for $85.00 each plus $10 shipping. :D :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jagged

jagged New Member

Hello! I'm interested to buy a 2003 VFR800 but my worry is that the seat height's a bit high and I'm only 5'5" (w/ 29inch inseam). I would like to at least get one foot down comfortably if I'm to ride the VFR.

May I know how the links are installed? Are they difficult? How did it affect the handling of your wife's bike? How did you shorted the stand? If its ok, may I know your wife's height so I can compare to myself?

Thanks in advance ! Oh , if its ok, pls email me too at ryan@access.net.ph

3. waldrm

waldrm New Member

Would like to buy one of your links if still available

4. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

Have 2 availble still let me know if you want one.. Thanks.. ;)

5. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Did you design the new link? Or did you just take the old one to a shop and ask them to make a new one but longer? Is is the same material as the stock piece?

I have access to several machine shops. If you have a drawing or anything for this, would you be willing to part with it?

Is it safe to assume your wife has not had trouble bottoming out the suspension?

Adios,

6. RoadWorthy

RoadWorthy New Member

Very interesting. I own a 2003 and find it alittle tall for me. I'm 5'7 with a 29" inseam.

Will this mod work on the 2003 Vtec? I'm interested in buying one possibly. I'm in Canada.

7. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

I think they are the same part number. Call your local Honda dealer and ask what the part number is for a 2001 and a 2003. I think it will be the same number

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm interested in one of your links. I have a 2002 vfr. Can you tell me what the dimension is from center of bearing to center of bearing, also the width of the link. I will call the dealer to verify if the 2001 link will fit the 2002 & 2003's. You can call me at 770-345-2551.

9. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

I will measure the stock link in the morning and post them here or give you a call, Thanks!!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I haven't called my dealer yet. I'll do that tomorrow, then maybe we can trade e-mail addies. I will buy one from you if they fit (hopefully you still have one).

11. RoadWorthy

RoadWorthy New Member

That was me "RoadWorthy" :)

I forgot my password :-[

Anyways, I'm very interested in buying one of these links. My e-mail Address is snakebyte@sympatico.ca

Drop me a letter if you still have one. We can talk about how I'd pay you and where you can ship it. I'm in canada.

TTYL

12. Tim_bur

Tim_bur New Member

Do you have anymore of these? My wife has a 2001 VFR800.

13. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

Just installed the bearings in the last one I have at this time. We are planning to make more on an order basis.
    So, Yes I have one ready to go.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I will Buy one, please call me at 770-345-2551
    Thanks Wayne

15. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

WE HAVE 20 MORE LINKS AVAILABLE WAITING FOR THE BEARINGS TO COME IN. THE NEW PRICING WILL BE $85.00 PLUS $10 SHIPPING
    DUE THE COST OF THE BEARINGS AND DUST SHEILDS. WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING SHORTENED SIDE STANDS TO MATCH THE LOWERED BIKE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED...    ;) ;)

16. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

Received bearings for 10 links and they are installed and ready to go. Already sold 3 have 7 left with bearings in and 10 without that we will have to order bearing for...
    Let me know.... thanks  ;) ;) ;D

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, just what I'm looking for! With a 30" inseam, my 2000 keeps me on my toes in this metro environment. Please contact me to discuss purchase transaction and installation questions. Thanks.

18. waldrm

waldrm New Member

At 6'-4" and 36" inseam, my example is the opposite. I have raised the rear of my bike 40mm by using a link from a CBR600. Would you consider making an extended sidestand to fit this application?

19. MCT54

MCT54 New Member

Sure not a problem if you do not mind waiting??? We are going to put an enlarged foot on the bottom to help prevent sinking in the blacktop, would that interest you as well??? Also I will need to know how much your VFR was raised by changing the link?? You will also have to check clearance to the rear of the side stand when in the up position to see if there will be room. Also what year is your bike so I can check the compatability of your side stand with the year I have which is an 01...
    I will check part numbers because there are little spring holes and a special screw to hold the kick stand kill switch. I imagine the bike really leans hard its parked...

Let me know we can give it a go. Shouldn't be too much trouble as long as we have clearance while in the up position... It's kind of tricky you just can't add or remove the same amount it was raised or lowered because of the angle you can over shoot the mark. ;)

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a 2003 VFR 800, would like to buy your lowering link. Please let me know if you have any left and how I could purchase if you do! Thanks

Jim Mayes