Lowering the 1200f

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by C2112E, Feb 1, 2012.

1. C2112E

C2112E New Member

My 1st post, I believe. Enjoying the VFR 1200f as quite possibly the best bike I've ridden in the past three decades. More on the other rides later. My fiancé is trading in her CBR600rr and purchasing the 2010 DCT model this weekend. She is 5'-4" and will require having the bike lowered by at least 2". We're getting the factory seat that'll give .08" which is close. As of now, sitting on the bike, and wearing ridding boots, she can get the balls of both feet planted but would prefer toe to heel stabilizers. Dealer is unable to find a kit so I figured to seek help here. Service manager is proposing to lower the front by adjusting the internals. Any thoughts?

TIA, Chris

2. ignoreance

ignoreance New Member

There is a Girl riding around out here in CA that is shorter than that I think. She climbs up on the bike then kicks the foot stand up and only puts one leg down at a stops. Don't do the factory Seat you can get a Corbin Seat to go lower... Contact them first plus will be more comfortable. As for getting it lower I don't know if there are dog bone lowering kits for the 1200 yet. You can always drop the front forks down a bit in the triple clamps but causes quicker turn ins and removes a bit of 90mph or above stability. Most of the time you just have to learn to live with it and the Girl out here in CA had one of the first 1200's so she contacted most of the companies about doing aftermarket stuff. She is on the VFRD board. There seems to be more 7th Gen owners on that board or they are just more active. Maybe you Can PM her. Ask MSGTR she is on VFRD she will probably answer if you PM her. I met her in person at a meeting where a lot of 7th gen's met for coffee

3. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

Thurn Motorsport in Germany offers a lowering kit for the VFR1200 that lowers the seat height by about 30mm. At 129 Euros (approximately $170.00) it's kinda pricey though.
    All you get are the suspension triangles,the forks will need to be raised slightly in the triple clamps and the kick stand will have to be shortened.

[​IMG]

Here's the link to the webpage. Click me.>>>>>Fahrwerk-sc63

BTW - Congratulations and Welcome. :welcome:

4. C2112E

C2112E New Member

Thanks guys! Helpful indeed. ignoreance, where in Ca.? Grew up in Ventura Co. We'er planning a road trip this spring to T.O. from Oklahoma City.

5. C2112E

C2112E New Member

oops! See your from the North. ;)

6. ignoreance

ignoreance New Member

Nahh Not north I'm In Santa Clarita thats near Ventura used to surf there as a kid all the time. Everybody always does the Santa Clarita Santa Clara thing... What you doing in Thousand Oaks?

7. C2112E

C2112E New Member

Ah yeah, my bad! Lived at Lake Sherwood from '68 till '83. Surfed as well for many years from San Diego to Carpinteria. Huntington Beach for a few years then T.O. till '91 Oklahoma has been home since. Dad lives up in Santa Barbara, good friends in T.O. Last time out was on an HD StreetGlide, 4041 miles in two weeks.

8. ignoreance

ignoreance New Member

Oh by the way stosh thats good to know about that website. There is a guy that tracked his bike and he was dragging hard parts the 20 mm raise might be the way to go for heavy canyon riding

9. MadPuppy

MadPuppy New Member

wildhair accessories sells the same for $175 they are made in Germany (company name is Metisse I believe)

Lowering Kits / Suspension Links for Motorcycles. Wild Hair Accessories. Motorcycle Accessories & Aftermarket European Parts.