messin with my 5th

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by reaper777, Jul 12, 2011.

1. reaper777

reaper777 New Member

Map
    i got a y2k this spring and i finally decide to do some mods to it. i found a set of full erion racing exhaust from a totaled '01, PCIII, and a k&n air filter, but ive also been reading about modifying the air box so i tried a few different things.... i cut out some of the snorkel on the inside of the air box, then i tried out removing the snorkel all together, after i removed the snorkel i noticed a real growl coming from the front of the fuel tank at idle (mostly because the snorkel isnt there to muffle it) and was wondering if any other riders have removed the snorkel and had any adverse effects, other then the idle growl which i kinda like

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I've done a little to mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Navman

Navman New Member

Map
    I have removed mine and it now produces a little more induction noise.....

4. vfrvin

vfrvin New Member

snorkless...

I trimmed mine up on the inside for a less restricted path, but not tested yet. Also- since Honda did not allow a direct path of air to the box I removed the "curtain" that attaches to hooks on either side at the coils. It seems to prevent air from flowing directly under the triple tree where we need it. So now with the tank up for airbox service you can see the fender (front) and hopefully get more air into the box-