Micron pipe baffle question

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Gman, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Gman

Gman New Member

I'm baffled about something guys.....
    ok ok I couldn't help it

I bought a set of used Micron pipes for my '06 which have no baffles.
    Living in an area where the cops are quite strict about sound levels, I have been searching for a place to buy a set of replacement baffles. ( Based on a UK website, my pipes originally come with baffles but I am not completely convinced because I don't see an obvious mounting location)
    I would be forever grateful to anyone who could lead me in the right direction.

By the way, they rock !
    With the PCIII & K & N I installed about 700 miles ago, I have been enjoying a definate increase in power. No B.S. I was sceptical but went for it.
    Playing around in second gear can often lead to front end lift with no clutch action. Nice smooth power delivery ! I know baffling will be a step backward, but at least there will be less chance of legal infractions around here.

Attached Files:

2. zoomy

zoomy New Member

I've got the titanium Microns on my 04. Bought them new from pipecity.com, I think. Anyway, about the same time I got my Microns a buddy of mine got a set of Akrapovics for his new KTM Super Duke R. He was showing me how easy it was to take the baffles out of his. Just a few simple turns with an allen wrench and they pull right out. Got me thinking, I'd like to see what mine sounds like out. I know there is a small allen screw or two visible if you look in the end of the pipe. I loosened them, but it sure didn't seem like any "baffle" was gonna come out. I tightened them back, went inside and called pipecity, who then gave me the US customer service number for Micron. Spoke with them and they told me there is no removable baffle. Beats me, but I'd love to see some more pictures. Close-ups through the exhaust opening would be awesome, if you can get them. adamhfrank@gmail.com
    Unfortunately, I no longer have the direct customer service number to Micron. I do have pipecity.com's customer service number 800 778 3494. They were cool to deal with and happy to give me the Micron #.
    Good luck

3. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

Are they really THAT strict up there? Only time I ever worried about it was when I ran without a pipe to town and back.

Just about every race replica bike and Harley is still louder than the VFR with aftermarket pipes. So I don't think you have much to worry about besides upsetting neighbors at night.

4. Gman

Gman New Member

Zoomy, thanks for the info on Pipecity. I'll call on Monday.
    I am attaching a photo of the allen bolt inside each of my pipes. My gut tells me it simply holds the end cap onto the pipe assembly, but I will call to check.

Buddy from Michigan...your photo is giving me the heeby geebies...tha Snow covered ground is a terrible thing. It has finally warmed up here in Montreal and I am soo glad that it has, before cabin fever took hold.

Unfortunately the police in Mtl occasioanlly stop bikers to check for baffles, using a thin metal rod, and they will actually take a digital photo for judicial evidence. I try to keep the noise down, but one of the nicer qualities of these pipes is that they have a mean groan at low rpm..which is actually louder than my buddies Gixxer1000 with a Yosh. Upper rev Db's however are lower than his Gixxer.
    Have a good day guys !

Attached Files:

5. soundmaster31

soundmaster31 New Member

Haha, yeah, that photo is from January when I was warming up the bike just to cycle the oil some so I rolled it out of the garage. Definitely wasn't driving it then. And the snow has been long gone now.:thumbsup:

That sucks that you get pulled over randomly for baffles and that they take pictures for evidence...though I suppose that means your police don't have bigger fish to fry and your city is extremely safe. :thumbsup:

Different story in Michigan...especially since Detroit just got rated the most dangerous city in America again:)2guns:) lol...are police have bigger fish to fry :) (unless you're being obnoxiously loud during night hours)