middle radiator guard

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by macscuddle, Sep 22, 2015.

1. macscuddle

macscuddle New Member

Searched this group and all I'm turning up is the R&G cover. Anybody know of others?

Only got about 1200 miles on mine and have already taken a hit (maybe 2), but thankfully damage is very minor. Honda should have definitely seen this coming.

2. cbrcolin

cbrcolin New Member

Map
    A picture might be helpful.

3. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  4. macscuddle

macscuddle New Member

5. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Depending where you are in the World there's a company in Australia called radguard that do a slightly neater version than the R&G one

I've updated my post in the thread referred to above, worth a read before you buy

6. macscuddle

macscuddle New Member

Hey, thanks. I think I'm going to order one.

7. macscuddle

macscuddle New Member

Radguard is on the way. I'll give it a review later. Pricey, but that is how it goes. Hadn't liked what I heard about the R&G, especially attachment.

8. macscuddle

macscuddle New Member

So I ordered the Radguard on 10/22 and it arrived 11/02--not bad considering Australia to Tennessee with 2 weekends in there.

Quality seems good. I was pleased that it is very light but strong enough to do its job. I didn't weigh, but low ounces would be my guess. It fit perfectly, although they noted some bending might be required for final fit.

The instructions were good, and installation was simple. Not counting setup, cleaning the radiator, etc the install took maybe 10 minutes.

You just remove the 10mm bolt in the lower radiator bracket, place the guard with two clips over the top of the radiator, then put the bolt back through the guard and into the radiator bracket. It may take a minute to figure out how to maneuver it--have to get it behind the horn, under the plastic hood at the top etc but no biggee.

Fit is very snug and seems like it won't vibrate, but we'll see. It does have foam backing at the contact points.

Be careful when working with the bolt. That whole assembly is kind of flimsy and will want to bend before the bolt breaks free probably. I just held it with my other hand as soon as I saw how soft it must be.

I like it. I think with shipping it was under $150 USD which isn't cheap, but nothing to do with motorcycling is.

I'm attaching some pics. You can maybe see where I took some hits before I even had 1k on this bad boy. I definitely recommend you rectify this somehow if you haven't.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    Looks good, a lot less hassle to fix than the R&G, if it wasn't for the excessive tax and duty we have to pay in the UK I'd get one