Misfire Issues it seems...

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Zoober, May 18, 2015.

1. Zoober

Zoober New Member

My 07' RWB just turned 36k miles and I'm starting to notice some hesitation when cold. When I start the bike, it high idles at 2k rpm when cold, nothing unusual, and then starts turning down when the temp indicator reads 95 degrees. I'll start riding about this time. When accelerating, I'm getting abad hesitation in 1st and second gear, right around 2500rpm, after which, the bike surges. This seems to go away once the bike gets warmed up and to operating temperature.

This wasn't bothering me at first considering the mileage of the bike, however, the other day the temp was approaching 170 degrees and I was in fourth gear. Coming up to a stop sign, I downshifted and stopped the bike. The engine began missing badly and my idle went to about 800 rpm. It never died though. I woke it up by giving it some throttle and went back to it's normal idle, about 1,400 rpm.

Plugs are new as of last September. K&N air filter. Going to see if I can get a temp difference coming off to the exhaust manifolds to possibly narrow it down to a single cylinder. Aside from that, not sure what's going on.

It should also be noted that I have never had an FI light come on during any of this.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    My bike was suffering from a random misfire and at the time it seemed like it was at low RPM as I was coming to a stop. Problem went on for a while and I checked aboot everything but it continued for roughly two months until it actually stopped running. Was just a little filth in the kill switch as it turns oot.

3. NormK

NormK New Member

My recent misfire problem on my CB was the pulse coil air gap, closed it up a few thou and problem solved

4. lampman

lampman New Member

Map
    I hate to go with the most expensive fix but it could be the ECM.
    My Wing gave me a F1 read. After reading all the posts on the problem, a false read on a sensor, I replaced it with a salvaged one and that solved it. Is there any way to capture an error read out, bike in neutral key on count the long and short blinks? It really sounds like a bad connection in the ignition system.

5. Zoober

Zoober New Member

It never tripped an FI light however...

6. troutkiller

troutkiller New Member

Map
    my bike does the same thing from time to time. ever figure it out

7. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Try letting it warm up more, I have to wait till my 8th gen gets up to 140 before it runs smoothly. Don't rush it.