Misplaced tube under the tank ??

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by woodcycl, Jun 13, 2003.

1. woodcycl

woodcycl New Member

I swapped out my stock air filter for a K&N on my 03' VFR and just before I lowered the tank, I noticed a misplaced black .5" diameter tube with a white thru-cap on the end .... as if it had been disconnected from it's origin. I mapped the tube down to be 1 of 3 drain tubes that come out of the bottom of the fairing. The other 2 drain tubes are about half the diameter of this one.

Any idea where this tube is supposed to be attached?

PICS ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

On the 98-01 series, the gas tank overflow hose from the underside of the gas tank looks a lot like that. There is a fitting that bends about 45 degrees and then the remainder of the tube runs down the rear right side of the engine between the frame to the under side of the bike. Honda made the hose from the tank to the 45 very short. When the tank gets lifted, this hose often comes loose. It helps to have someone hold the tank about half way up while you reconnect the hose and then drop the tank back down. I installed a slightly longer hose on my VFRs so this would not happen. Of course, all this assumes that the hose in your picture is actually the overflow hose  ;) Look for a loose hose on the under side of your tank. Your hose is in a different location than that of the 98-01 bikes.

Adios,