MMI bound !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by POPS RACING, Dec 25, 2006.

1. POPS RACING

POPS RACING New Member

I will be in Phoenix from Feb to next April as a student at MMI. Anyone looking for another VFR to ride with? Any Ideas about a good place there for track time?

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    that's too cool. I wanted to do that. have a great time. i'm sure you'll find lots of riding partners...

3. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

Hey there Pops, I am in Tucson and could meet you for some rides. I know there are other members on here from the Phoenix area. I hope you have fun at MMI. If I weren't six years into a teaching career and soon to be administrator, I would also probably go to MMI. Maybe I could do it over a summer break! L8

4. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    Good for you! I ditched a 30year carrer a few months ago to sell Harleys.

I hope it works as well for you as this has for me, be it career or pursuing hobby! You're:first:

5. Ferris

Ferris New Member

I taught classes at the MMI campus in Orlando, and the UTI campus in Houston ( same company owns them both ).

A bit of advice: you will get out of the school what you put in!

Is Ohms Law exciting? Heck no!
    Does it need to be covered? Heck yes!

Focus and keep your eyes on the prize. The training is what separates the guys who make serious $ from the ones who bust tires and change brake pads.

6. Scorpio65

Scorpio65 New Member

Map
    I used to live across the street from that school, Good luck and i hope you do great. I'm about 45 minutes from there (the school) now, but with some notice, i'll meet you for a ride..

7. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    Ferris, who say's Ohm's law is not exciting?

Them's fighting words!

8. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Ohms Law: Turns out Resistance wasn't futile after all! :faint:

I taught at both ends - basic electrical theory, and advanced drivability.

The same clowns who couldn't stay awake through the basics couldn't come close to passing the more difficult stuff.

I actually took pride in failing them. Better to have to re-take a course than to be fired from a good job for not knowing what you are doing.

9. POPS RACING

POPS RACING New Member

Thanks all of you for your support. It's great to see a real club that cares. I will be on the 1-6 shift for HONDA Baby.. I got a little place in Black Conyon City. Getto, but the deal Rocked. I want to ride your great state. I like to push the limit a little and a LOT on the track. I will post a # and we can do some riding. If you go to track day, I'm In!!!!! I'm the new kid so let me know.
    To all "SPEED SAFE" and have a great next year.
    P.S. I've had 18 bikes....none better than VFR!!

10. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map

I'll second what Ferris stated earlier you will get out of it what you put into it. I graduted from from the UTI auto/diesel & automatic transmission programs in the early 90's. Honestly I can't complain about where its taken me, if it wasn't for the ex-wife payment I'd be in high cotton & most days I like what I do. Good luck, have fun with it, ask alot of questions, take alot of notes & always be the first one to get your hands dirty.

P.s. Don't go out & get wasted the night before a big shop test, I saw things go terribly wrong(not to me) that caused retaking of classes or even drop outs from shear stupidity. You might even get lucky & there will be cute femme-fatal that likes hooking up w/ the smart guy in class to help her out(a give & take type relationship if you will). Ahh memories cutest little blonde diesel mechanic I've ever seen to date.:wink: :cool:

11. desertman62

desertman62 New Member

Map
    Hi Pops, welcome. I'm in the N. Phoenix area as well. Let's definitely find time to ride. Just been doing short solo rides so far, myself.

Again, welcome to the board.

Phil

12. POPS RACING

POPS RACING New Member

Sounds great Phil, I will be on your terf on the 17 of Jan. So I'll give you a yell after that. As for as the Honey's at MMI. I got a great wife thats letting me go to school. I did 23 years and 5 Submarines, now it's my time. Speed Safe..........

13. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Well in that case, ignore that part; I was just relishing in memories of days gone by. I was still young & dumb when I went through my schooling, some may still argue the dumb part but definetly not the young part. happy schooling & best of luck:smile:

14. Scorpio65

Scorpio65 New Member

Map
    Nice to see the Az people here.. drop a line and we can hook up for a ride...

15. POPS RACING

POPS RACING New Member

I havent got internet at my little place in Black Canyon City yet, but I am up to ride. After the 5th of Feb. I'm good to go..Give a day heads up and I'll be there. I want to ride it all. Untill I get the net call me 719-229-7518. Speed Safe.... WIll