More winter relief from Reg71

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by reg71, Feb 17, 2010.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hey, got out for a bit today with a couple friends. I didn't get any pics when we were all together because they were too fast, but later when I was by myself I shot a couple short vids and uploaded them to face book. I'm going to try and put them in the order I rode them if I can...

Keep in mind I shot these one handed with a regular digital cam so quality isn't wonderful, and my videography skills are limited. Also, I realize riding one handed is unsafe (for some of you). hehe

Here's a little of Peachy Canyon Rd near Paso Robles.
    [video=youtube;hp32XTgCPac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp32XTgCPac[/video]

And some more of it.
    [video=youtube;KFPOGH2tnJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPOGH2tnJg[/video]

And still more...
    [video=youtube;_iWltUIDdFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iWltUIDdFE[/video]

Some of Old Creek Rd.
    [video=youtube;vbq7Gb8Hgxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbq7Gb8Hgxk[/video]

And a little more...
    [video=youtube;uObldryTu8c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uObldryTu8c[/video]

that looks like all that has finished getting to youtube so far... I'll try to get some more up later...

2. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    nice Rd's you Cali guys make me sick!!:Cry:

impressive for one handed riding. i wont think any less of u if you used one of these Delkin Devices - Snug-It Pro

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I actually have a (or at least had) a camera mount for the tank. I seem to have stored it in a very secure location. You know one of those locations you can never find again. I like the suction cup mount. That's what Tori uses on his hero cam. The prob is that if I did get one and mount it that way, this cam is not fast enough to keep up and the quality would be even worse. I'll try and bum Tori's cam off him or get him to ride sometime and maybe I can get some better vids. I have been wanting to shoot videos for a while cause the pictures just don't tell the whole picture. I have an older camera that shoots hi-8 but no way to make it digital that I know.

4. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the thought but that camera looks like Michael J Fox is holding it. I got motion sickness just watching it. :sick:

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I think I have a few more uploaded now... Let's check...

Okay, this is the same day, just a few minutes after the old creek rd vid... Look at the difference in the weather here in Morro Bay:
    [video=youtube;ENDnLGfHo0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENDnLGfHo0c[/video]

Here's some more back on peachy canyon rd again so now we are getting out of order...
    [video=youtube;kcrAIm0EC9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcrAIm0EC9s[/video]

I got stuck behind some traffic on hwy 41 heading from Morro Bay to Atascadero so I cut the video short after a quick glance around:
    [video=youtube;rKrA29aFoQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrA29aFoQQ[/video]

Here's a short view of Hwy 1... This is just after Old Creek Rd and heading toward Morro Bay:
    [video=youtube;xsm-UXuASHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsm-UXuASHg[/video]

Here is York Mtn Rd... It's a really rough little road off Hwy 46 but it's scenic and peacful and I take it as a short detour quite a bit to get off the Hwy for a minute...
    [video=youtube;mGmzkn4VxV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGmzkn4VxV4[/video]
    [video=youtube;F-9STsieOhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-9STsieOhw[/video]

And I think this is about it... I have more videos but they are pretty much the same... Decent roads, sunshine, low traffic... Just boring crap like that...
    [video=youtube;3YE2JIMdaSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YE2JIMdaSg[/video]

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    If I get a chance, I'll try and get some better video. Also, I would add some music or something, but I don't have any program for that that I know of. My son told me that I could do it with Windows Movie Maker, though. Anyone used that to put clips together with music? About how many minutes of vid of good size to upload? I try to keep them short because it takes so friggen long to send to youtube...

7. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg, how can i poke fun on your video's if you disable annotations. LOL

Where's Bobs video footage ? ;)

Yes, Window's Movie Maker will do what you need. Check out any of my videos on YouTube, and you can see what can be done. The RC car one, or the wetbike (front cam) ones are good examples of what you can do in WMM. I can show you how to use it.

8. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Putting plans together to come down for a weekend ride in the next month. Anyone else in?

9. leftcoast

leftcoast New Member

United States
    somewhere near Seattle, but my heart is just north
    Map
    gee.
    It helped me.
    Course I was with Reg for the first 100 miles or so. :cool:

Reg: you are welcome to use my HeroCam.....I'm no hero & I think I know how to turn it on, now.
    Wild Bill & I must have been a few minutes ahead of you on Old Creek & into Morro.
    Going over See Canyon, you could see the fog / clouds coming in at the rock, but it was still clear blue in the valley & to the east.
    Great day, thanks!

10. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    what do you mean annotations? is that some option on youtube? Bob's footage is uh... in the ether somewhere... it's all in his head, that's where... He said when we stopped it looked really cool. He let Bill go by him and then followed him a bit on 229 then he waved me by and followed for a bit, then he dropped back a while to shoot some solo video.... But the video was so good that he thought it might send Randy into a major depression up there in Canadia so he scrapped it. Yeah, I'll try and play around with windows movie thingy sometime today... I need some rockin public domain music to mess with, too. I have some friends that had a rock band that dissolved. I wonder if they'd let me use their originals...

I'm in. Count me in. I'll be there. Did I mention that I'm in?

It was a beauty of a day. Today looks nice, too, but I really should do some things around here. I'm debating cause I hear the weather is worse tomorrow so I might end up riding again. Yeah, I should use your cam sometime and face one forward and one back with me and Tori on 229 then edit the video to switch back and forth with some tunes crankin and see what we can come up with...

Another thing that would be funny is to wire a mic into the helmet then you could talk like a tour guide... "And if you'll look to your left, you'll see where James Dean met his demise...and on the right is a cow...moo cow...moo...And now there's a vineyard, and on the other side, look at that another vineyard... wait a minute what's that ahead... oh it's another vineyard...."

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Boy, if that got you, I bet you are fun to play a first person shooter with! I'd frag your ass quick...

12. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Reg, i can teach you a little trick to use any music you want with YouTube..... ;)

13. leftcoast

leftcoast New Member

United States
    Map
    Ha
    Ha.
    U funny guy.
    you'd think w/ 2 buttons, operation would be pretty straight forward.....wouldn'tja.....

I know I recorded it, i just can't find the ether Reg was talking about.

My camera is the HD version & it writes a MP4 file. My mooooovie maker says "no comprende MP4".
    does your camera write MP4?
    is your mooovie maker newer than mine, maybe?

I'll be practicing pushing buttons..........

14. chomper

chomper New Member

United States
    Map
    just picked this camera up NCIX.com - Buy Creative Labs Vado HD 8GB Pocket Digital Camcorder Black 720P H.264 HDMI - 73VF058000000 In Canada. shoots in hd 720 wide angle lens. from what iv seen from examples on you tube just as good as go pro and only 90$ regular price is over 200 . haven't had a chance to try it on the bike yet. very easy to use, comes with basic editing software bulit in with camera to upload to photobucket or youtube. very simple to add music and do basic editing has enough memory for 2hrs of recording.

15. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map

BOB, No mine records as Quicktime movie file. If you have Window's Vista or the new 7 i think i read somewhere it will work. Email GoPro and ask them what they recommend for editing.

16. leftcoast

leftcoast New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm still on XP. it works.....sorta.
    Friend who runs a TV station found a link to a free transltor program. She is wise beyond my comprehension. I'll try that first, then read the instructions as a last resort......
    that wetbike ride of yours looked pretty refreshing!

17. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    I think i saw the place where, Long drop his biek and haaarley guy help him pick up, at sloIII
    :bounce:!!!

18. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Bob, if that works, see if i can get a copy of that program too. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

19. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    It's pronounced HAAAH-lee... sheeze... and BI'-ke.

20. BWeiss

BWeiss Johnny Partseed

United States
    Map
    sorry...i don't speak asian...but i do my best