Mt. St. Helens (Windy Ridge) Ride

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by Bill C.-sbio, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Bill C.-sbio

Bill C.-sbio New Member

United States
    Mt. St. Helens (Windy Ridge) Ride-(More pics added)

With the weather finally getting "summery" around here, I finally got the sudden urge yesterday morning to load Miss Lil onto the bike and head up across the river and into Washington. This was the ride another rider friend and I had been threatening to do.

However he currently has some health issues that are preventing him from riding, so I decided to quit waiting around and just "Do It!"

It was a pleasant ride with plenty of spectacular scenery, both up on the mountain and along the way.

The only (slight) downside was it was a bit longer, time wise, than my friend had told me, and coming back down off the mountain with the sun in my eyes hitting patches of bright sun and shadows was a bit fatiquing.

As seems to be the custom here, it seemed appropriate to snap a few shots of the Viffer with beautiful backdrops. So here goes...

[​IMG]
    Here with Yale Reservoir as a backdrop.

[​IMG]
    Here with Mt. Adams in the background.

[​IMG]
    Parked behind what seemed to be the most common 2 Wheeler on the mountain this day (but NOT slower than!)

[​IMG]
    And of course, this being ON Mt. St. Helens, having the mountain in the scene is only appropriate.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. Billygoat

Billygoat New Member

Now that looks like an incredible ride! Man I wish we had mountains in Ontario....

3. Bill C.-sbio

Bill C.-sbio New Member

United States
    I'll put up a few more pics of the scenery, then you'll really wish for some mountains!

4. Bill C.-sbio

Bill C.-sbio New Member

United States
    Hmm...for some reason the method I used for posting the above images doesn't seem to be working for this reply post. (Not sure why not?)

In any case you can go see the individual images here.

There are descriptions included with each photo so you can get some kind of idea what you're looking at.

Windy Ridge Ride Scenic shots - VFRworld Photo Gallery