My 4th VFR800

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by VFR1200, Nov 29, 2018.

1. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    I have had a few VFR's now

2005 VFR800 red
    2007 VFR800 candy red x2
    2010 VFR1200 x2
    2015 VFR800 x1
    2016 VFR1200 cross x1
    2007 VFR800 anniversary.

By far, the 6th gen is the best bike. Under seat exhaust, the stack dual headlights, the lines of the bike and just how it handles. I have also had OEM luggage, Givi and now SHAD. SHAD luggage is the best. Little L shaped mounting bracket, takes 5 mins to bolt on and away you go.
    My latest one is the Anniversary. Bought it in July 2018 with less that 1900 miles on it. Rode it from Phoenix AZ, back to Calgary Alberta. Bike has been good apart from when it died on me in September. Battery was toast. Now I am doing a minor service over the winter, ready for the spring. New battery, complete chain wash, sprockets and re-grease, oil and filter, air filter, tidy Scorpio alarm wiring up and a thorough clean.

My plate on the bike is TSR2. Just Google it, if you don't know what it means.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Samuel likes this.
  2. Blackslide

Blackslide New Member

Finland
    Nice bikes!

But you missed the best? Gen3-5 ;)

Riding on the storm

3. Igrok

Igrok New Member

United States
    wow, beautiful bike!!

4. richieg66

richieg66 New Member

United States
    How come the 6th generation is the best bike? Looks like you've had an 8th gen and I hear they are an upgrade on the 6th...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

5. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    I prefer the underseat exhaust to the side exhaust. The side can hides the single sided swing arm. You also need to remove the can to get the wheel off. The bike feels smaller underneath you. The tration control switch seems like an after thought of where to fit it. If you want a Sargent seat etc, you have to send your seat in. The luggage is small, so if you want bigger luggage, then you are back to racks etc, so the current set up of no frames is a waste of time. The radiator is back at the front so all the road mess etc go straight into the radiator (get a rock up in there on a trip and time for a new radiator).

However, I did like the LED headlights...err that was about it.

It rides the same and didn't make sense that the only real upgrade was the LED lights. Traction control is awful. If you need to quickly get away from the lights, it cuts in and you are left looking for power. It is really crap.

So for $5000 I got a 2007 VFR800 Annivesary with only 1900 miles on it. Bargain compared to $15500 for a 2015/16 VFR

6. Plastic Patriot

Plastic Patriot New Member

United States
    Thanks for the info. I’m obviously pleased to read this as I just purchased an 07 Anniversary Interceptor also. However, mine has 26,000 miles which is quite a bit more than yours! But I also talked mine down to $2,950 and the guy threw in a matching helmet and bike cover so I’d say we both got really good deals! I do see one mod on mine which is a Zero Gravity windscreen and coming over a frozen mountain pass in The Sierra, I can attest it gives excellent wind protection with absolutely no signs of helmet turbulence.

VFR1200 likes this.
  7. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    I do need a double bubble screen. I'm 6'3 and the stock screen is a bit low. I am also going to get a Red-Fox hugger http://www.red-fox.com/huggers/honda-vfr800-02-huggers I have had one before and are really good. Really helps in keeping the shock and under seat clean. Next one is a Sargent seat and after that get rid of the original rubber that is still fitted from the factory.

8. Igrok

Igrok New Member

United States
    I've got an 8th gen and if I could find a good deal on a 6th gen - I'd make the switch.

9. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Igrok likes this.
  10. Zapp

Zapp New Member

United States
    Map
    I’m torn, I really liked the gen 8 I demoed but like you, I prefer the design of the gen 6.

By the way, I was looking at luggage options and was all set to get the Shad 3p set up like you but realized it only worked with the two larger luggage sets. I wanted the small luggage but it does not work with the Interceptor. From your photos it looks like it mounts fairly close to the body of the bike, that’s really nice for aftermarket luggage.

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    May I suggest the most important mod you should do is
    http://daughertymotorsports.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    The best part is inside the cases is a shelf/flat bottom. It helps hold helmets etc in place better. I rode from Phoenix back to Calgary with zero issues. It literally takes 10 mins to bolt to the bike. Easiest fitment ever. If you have the cases off, the bar itself is very minimal. DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0022 (2).JPG DSC_0020.JPG DSC_0021.JPG

13. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    I am actually doing this next year and will be using Nitron.

duccmann likes this.