my new 06

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by jev., Jul 24, 2006.

1. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    I decided to sell my 99vfr and get an 06 pearl white model. I got a great deal from my friends at Triangle Cycles in Durham NC and picked it up on Friday evening. So far, I've only put 55 miles on it, but from my first impression is mixed. It's a lot different from my 99. It handles better and rides/runs alot smoother. The vtec is a little odd to get used to, but once I'm able to ride it more and I finish breaking it in, I'll be able to get a better comparison. I am going from a bike with 36k on it to one with 1 mile on the odo. Here's a couple of pics.

2. daffy67

daffy67 New Member

Map
    If white was available in AUS i would have got it, it just looks so 'different'.
    I luv my VFR, i think some folks are just a little too critical on some aspects but enjoy yours.
    :smile:

3. canib

canib New Member

Map
    Congratulations!
    White's hot! I got the 'pearl black' one. I don't like the pearl black as much as the asphalt, but at least it's a 2006.

4. Spud

Spud New Member

Map
    I hated breaking my 06(White aswell) In.. The motor just has an odd sound to it.. and when you start getting it to the 6500RPM range and the other 8valves kick in it sounds like the motor is coming apart..lol.. but I have some miles on it now and it good to go. Other than that and the shifting is notchy (sounds like shifting with out the clutch) The bike is great..

5. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I love the white. Going to Deals Gap anytime soon?

6. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    Thanks, I'm planning on going up in mid sept. probably around the 14th or 15th.

7. WhiteKnight

United States
    Map
    hmmm i am off that weekend, too. I wonder if I can leave friday afternoon and be back sunday night. hmmmmm

8. Rodrick Ewing

Rodrick Ewing New Member

Congrats on the purchase. The white is what got me to buy my one. I had a 93 Pearl White about 7yrs back but wrote it off on a diesel spill. I was browsing the Honda web site and saw that white was available and it set my pulse racing. Unfortunately it is not available in SA like Oz so I got a good deal on a new Pearl Blue also awesome, but one thing for sure is the white is differant and definately turns heads. The VTEC needs to be ridden hard to appreciate it. If you are accelerating hard when it kicks in the transition is alot smoother but at lower speeds it is very harsh. I have also just finished riding it in but now is a pleasure
    Long Live the VFR

9. WhiteKnight

United States
    Map
    Rodrick,
    I have a 93 in the Crystal Pearl White. I get lots of comments on it. I am sure you miss yours.

Viva La VFR!!!!

10. Rodrick Ewing

Rodrick Ewing New Member

Hi Vinny

Missed it alot Had 2 Suzuki GSXR750 after it ,but it was always the bike for me and promised myself I would get a VFR again Infact I contacted Honda early last year about custom building one in wHITE for me- Never Heard from them.... so you can imagine my shock when I saw it in the line up for 06 was bummed when I heard it was not coming to SA in White so settled for the Pearl Blue ALSO COOL
    I never got any photos of it before the incident Do you have any pics up on the site I am looking at doing a spread of my bikes and missing a set of the 93. I need a front shot taken from a angle a arse shoT from an angle and a side view ideally with the swinarm not exposed
    Let me know Cheers Rodrick

11. RandyT

RandyT New Member

Yeah I saw a black and white 06 side by side and like you I'm going for the white it looks awesome in the sunlight...

12. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    it is the purdyest:smile:

13. WVFR

WVFR New Member

I also bought the white. There just aren't too many white bikes out there. It took only three days for me to put 1000 miles on mine so the break-in was pretty painless. Three weeks old and have 2500 miles on it. Going for an 800 mile ride this weekend. Can you tell I love the bike!:rockon:

Also, look at the pictures in my gallery. Notice the pictures with the bike in the sun, it looks like the bike is glowing!:eek:

14. RosscoB

RosscoB New Member

Before long you won't even notice the vtec engagement any more. You will learn to ride either above it or below it, and it won't be a factor.

Congratulations!!!!

15. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    Thanks, I am already getting used to the vtec. most of the time its not even noticeable.

16. Davidvfr

Davidvfr New Member

Map
    I think the only white VFRs we got would have been 1st gen bikes. I know the U.K. got 5th gen in white, also black, green... I've seen owners pics on the U.K. VFR forum.

17. chris2711

chris2711 New Member

Map
    That's not a glowing VFR, it's just light reflecting off some swamp gas.:caked:

18. chris2711

chris2711 New Member

Map
    I find that I like it. I have about a 45 min commute in moderate traffic and I lug along just under 6000rpm. But when I pass it jumps over the engagement point and she growls at everyone.

Jev, how close of a match in color is your tank pad to the dark red of color of the Honda logo on the tank?
    I looked all over for a good match and setteled on a Progrip carbon to red fade. The red is not an exact match but it looks good.

19. jev.

jev. over there

Sweden
    Its fairly close to the badges, I think it matches well. It is a keiti I ordered through tucker rocky.