Need a shifter!

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by sheldonsl, Sep 23, 2015.

1. sheldonsl

sheldonsl New Member

United States
    Map
    A very low speed drop left me in need of a new shifter. The toe peg broke off but not before the shifter bent in, refusing to get to anything but neutral and 1st. I couldn't find any other mechanical damage, just some fairing rash. She started right up and runs fine as long as you don't want to go past 1st. gear. Anyway, if anyone has an extra or has a line on a good place to pick one up, I'd sure appreciate it. The old piece, if need be, could be bent back to a working position but it's still missing the peg, so why bother. Thanks much. Sheldon P.S. I was hoping to ride to York Saturday for the flat-track races, but that's not likely at this point.

2. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    I been riding with a bent shifter and rear set for a few months. Let me know what you find please.

3. sheldonsl

sheldonsl New Member

United States
    Map
    I can't help much with the rear set, but I ordered a shifter today. Nobody here had any suggestions or offers and I couldn't find one on eBay. I checked the dealers near me and they were all pretty high so I searched the part number on Google and waded through a bunch of after market places. The lowest price I saw was $87.69 w shipping from PARTZILLA. Ordered, paid w Paypal and I hope to see it before the end of the week. Most places, including the local guys, were well over $100 before shipping. I hope this helps.

4. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the info.

5. midias

midias New Member

United States
    Map
  6. sheldonsl

sheldonsl New Member

United States
    Map
    My shifter came in from PARTZILLA. Genuine Honda part, quick shipping (it actually got here last week). Easy to install, only took a couple of minutes and now I'm back on the road. Very happy with PARTZILLA.